F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just joined after lurking and reading the posts for a couple of days. I am really interested in buying an Ecoboost, but I am concerned about the issues they have been having in regards to humidity and water in the inter cooler. So far I've looked at all the other trucks and I keep coming back to the Ford, but this one issue gives me pause. The Ram doesn't impress too much and the Chevy's always seem too cheap on the interior, even the new 2014. The Tundra is just to big and has horrible gas mileage and the Titan hasn't seen a refresh in a very long time. I love the full flat cab area and and have long admired the F150s. I will be trading in a 06 Tacoma for my new ride. My main worry is that I will be transferring to Nevada from VA in Feb and the last thing I want is to be broke down half ways there. I know that this could happen with any truck, even my current ride. I guess I am just looking to make sure that the issues with the ecoboost are resolved by now. It won't be until December before I buy, but I am doing all my homework now. Thanks in advance for any info you guys can provide!

·
Registered
577 Posts
I have had my ecoboost over a year now and out 11 thousand miles on it. I have never once had the humidity falter.. It doesn't happen to everyone but Ford is trying to resolve problem now. I love my truck and wouldn't trade it for anything haha

2012 F150 EcoBoost Lariat

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I have had my ecoboost over a year now and out 11 thousand miles on it. I have never once had the humidity falter.. It doesn't happen to everyone but Ford is trying to resolve problem now. I love my truck and wouldn't trade it for anything haha

Thanks for the input! I don't want to bash any of the other brands, but like I said, I keep coming back to the F150. Just looking for a warm and fuzzy after seeing all the bad things being written.

Edited last sentence to read "things" from my iPad typo of "tags".

·
Registered
577 Posts
Thanks for the input! I don't want to bash any of the other brands, but like I said, I keep coming back to the F150. Just looking for a warm and fuzzy after seeing all the bad things being written.

Edited last sentence to read "things" from my iPad typo of "tags".
Yep not a problem. My dad has a 2010 and I'm trying to talk him into getting the atlas in 2015 lol

·
Registered
943 Posts
I have driven my Ecco Boost from Michigan to Texas and back pulling my 27 foot travel trailer and, from Michigan to Canada and back pulling my boat and have not had any problems. This is the most quiet and smooth vehicle I have ever owned. I got it in November of 2012 and it now has 13,370 miles. You will be happy with this truck.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have 2011 eco with 78,457 miles only problem I have had spark plug gap was off. Really happy with the ecoboost very nice and smooth truck.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I only have about 5k on my EcoBeast, but most of those miles have been towing my 36' 9k travel trailer. Not a single hiccup. I love this truck and would not change a thing. The humidity shudder only seems to affect an extremely small percentage of these trucks and even less on the 13 and newer model.

SPPD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts