F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Programmers help?

What's everybody's experience with the Bullydog GT Platinum? I know there's better out there but I just want to know what everyone's thoughts on it are?

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Just get an SCT and a custom tune and be done.

SCT now owns Bully Dog FWIW...

I think most people's thoughts here will be similar to mine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already ordered the Bullydog. Didn't look at reviews or anything beforehand so I'm kind of new to programming. Just wondering what the drawbacks and whatnot are to them.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I'm sure it will run fine.. Just be way better with an act product.. Unless any of the reputable tuners can now put there tunes on the bulldog device since its the same company?

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
I'm not familiar enough with them to say one way or another.

But I can say this: I've seen several people go from Bully Dog to SCT, none go the other way around.

One drawback I can think of, at least compared to an SCT device is that with the SCT you can get it custom tuned which will net you the most power gains over a canned tune. The tune can also be configured to your liking.

Someone here may chime in on the Bully Dog, but 90% of us here are running SCT devices with custom tunes. Not saying Bully Dog is bad, but it isn't as good as an SCT.

You may want to read up some more and consider returning the Bully Dog before opening/using it. There is an endless amount of knowledge here regarding tunes and tuning, lots to learn.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
What Norcal said ... word for word... in BOTH posts.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
get the sct, if i decide to part with tuner money again its the sct. my diablosport is a detonation machine. Even if i run 94 octane it pings on the 87 tune.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
get the sct, if i decide to part with tuner money again its the sct. my diablosport is a detonation machine. Even if i run 94 octane it pings on the 87 tune.
Sorry to hear that. ALL tuners will get some KR +/- in part-throttle and in WOT (bigger CAC helps reduces temps and reduce KR btw).

If you haven't added a bigger Intercooler, try that. It may make your Diablo better.

If it still does that, sell it and buy an SCT Device. I know a place in Canada that sell the SCT LIVEWIRE - TS 5015 for C$599 DELIVERED in Canada (plus GST). Then you just have to buy your favorite tune.

Based on the exchange rate, that's the best deal I've seen for Canadians.

PM me if you are interested.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For now I just want to run a "canned tune" because I'm still undecided on how far I want to go with the truck performance wise. I'll have to call Summit in the morning to see if it's to late to return it. Where do they sell SCT for that price? I'm in northern Alberta so parts are fairly limited to Summit or Amazon unless I travel 650kms.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Can get sct x4 on amazon for good price usually

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Can get sct x4 on amazon for good price usually
Not if you are in Canada. The "Brokerage Fees" to ship across the border by the shipping companies almost doubles the price.

The only option, is if you live close to the US Border (so you can ship to an address near the border). But if you live a fair distance (like Edmonton) ... the cost of driving and the time is just not worth it.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
For now I just want to run a "canned tune" because I'm still undecided on how far I want to go with the truck performance wise. I'll have to call Summit in the morning to see if it's to late to return it. Where do they sell SCT for that price? I'm in northern Alberta so parts are fairly limited to Summit or Amazon unless I travel 650kms.
Check out our site sponsors: 5*/Stage3, LET, Unleashed.

They all sell x4's for around $399, and usually include a bundle of custom tunes. Best deals you'll find around on them

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Check out our site sponsors: 5*/Stage3, LET, Unleashed.

They all sell x4's for around $399, and usually include a bundle of custom tunes. Best deals you'll find around on them
Again, the problem for Canadians who are not near the border (to have it shipped, pickup and bring back) is brokerage fees charged by shipping companies are OUTRAGEOUS and nearly double the price ... and then add another 30% for Exchange. Been there.

He's better off to buy from a company in Canada that has "stock" when the C$ was above the US$ and they haven't jacked up their prices yet. Then you can buy a tune package from a tuner and they just e-mail it to you..

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
I've also been wondering if the Police will consider the iTSX (which transmits to a Smart Phone or Tablet) will be considered "distracted driving"?

I have asked some local police and they said the Livewire isn't (yet) as it is considered just a "gauge display" when it is attached to your windshield or installed in a "pod" (much like other aftermarket gauges), provided you aren't adjusting/touching it while driving. BUT ... if you started to play with it while driving, then you could get a "distracted driving" ticket.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Not if you are in Canada. The "Brokerage Fees" to ship across the border by the shipping companies almost doubles the price.

The only option, is if you live close to the US Border (so you can ship to an address near the border). But if you live a fair distance (like Edmonton) ... the cost of driving and the time is just not worth it.
What if you bought it for a friend... and that friend decided to send it to you via the postal service?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The price of everything is ridiculous if you're in Canada. Off of Summit I paid $1,320 for CAI and the Bullydog where as if I was in the U.S. it would of been around $860. Not to mention there isn't to many places around that sell that type of stuff for 1.5 times more than you can get them for online. I think I'll be keeping the Bullydog until I get the other parts I want and than sell it for an SCT and custom tune.

·
Registered
752 Posts
The price of everything is ridiculous if you're in Canada. Off of Summit I paid $1,320 for CAI and the Bullydog where as if I was in the U.S. it would of been around $860. Not to mention there isn't to many places around that sell that type of stuff for 1.5 times more than you can get them for online. I think I'll be keeping the Bullydog until I get the other parts I want and than sell it for an SCT and custom tune.
Holy ****! That's awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
What if you bought it for a friend... and that friend decided to send it to you via the postal service?
Our CRA can be as bad as the IRS in the US. And they even share info.

BUT, if it is mailed to any legitimate shipping address within the 48 States, we go into the US, pick it up, bring proof of actual purchase price, pay the Sales Tax when we re-enter (unless you qualify for some Duty Free Exemption) .... all is okay. It's actually the cheapest way to get it. You just need to be close to the border (or a reason to be in the US) and have proper documents to go across.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts