F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just found this site, thought I'd share this build... I've owned the truck since June '12, and have done quite a bit so far...

Unleashed Tuning base tune
Tuners Inc. custom calibration, datalogging and continuous updates
Unleashed Tuning methanol injection
MAK off road Y pipe
Ford resonator delete, modified with exhuast cutout
AFE Stg2 intake

truck has been a best of 13.268 @ 101.38, with improvement needed.

Next upgrades:

Stage 2:
Full-Race Charge Air Cooler (intercooler)
Full-Race 57mm turbos
Full-Race ported exhuast manifolds

Stage 3:
DJM 3.5"/5" suspension drop
CalTrac traction bars
True Forged Victory 20" wheels

·
Registered
589 Posts
Wow! That is a sweet build you have going on. the numbers are impressive given the trucks mass! How do you like the methanol injector? I always woundered who that would help. Pretty rad either way keep us posted and welcome to the site!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Slow,

Reviewed your Web Page and man I am impressed!!! I am more than interested to see what the different turbos are going to do for you. I am pulling my spark plugs tonight to check to make sure the gap spacing is correct. Have you guys looked at upgrading the spark plugs or feel the stock ones are good enough? Anyways had to give you mad kodus for the web page very informative and helpful. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the compliments. the factory plugs are fine for now until i foul them in another 11k miles, heh.
some guys are replacing with a heat range colder, but i don't see a need for that given the lack of modifications most of these individuals have done.

i may go a heat range colder when we put the upgraded turbos on, just for something else to do. :)

·
Registered
589 Posts
Ah HA! See if you had 4wd you could of finished the race LOL. Sorry to hear the bad luck on the axle.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thanks Adrian. Idunno if Pete told you... but we broke an axle at Bradenton this past weekend. Burnout outside the water box, VHT... oopsie made a poopsie.
Ouch! Looks like I need to lay off the burnouts!:cool:

Any chance warranty fixing it??

·
Supporting Vendor
551 Posts
Thanks Adrian. Idunno if Pete told you... but we broke an axle at Bradenton this past weekend. Burnout outside the water box, VHT... oopsie made a poopsie.
View attachment 257
He hadn't told me, i was looking at the final results sheet online and saw that you never made a pass, so I figured something broke but hadn't been able to find out what it was. Sorry to hear about the axle did you get it replaced already?

·
Registered
216 Posts
You need one of the rear covers with the bearing supports. It's an 8.8 I'm sure someone will do some custom axles for not too much extra coin.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I bet there will be soon Slow. With all the interest of the Ecoboost both on the track laying the pain and in the off road arena axle upgrades are in the works. 60% of F-150 sales are EcoBoost and even though its really not about the motor in this case companies are seeing the power gains and have to see the Modified EcoBoost are out growing parts of the truck. I wonder if you contacted Ford Direct/SVT/ETC and asked what they used on the EcoBoost Baja truck for axles they did some major upgrades to the suspension and other parts to make it Baja ready... Or maybe the Raptor axle is different and more rebust and could work...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
raptor is independent rear suspension. they use cv axle shafts. the electronic locker, however, in the regular F150s (if equipped) is the same as the raptor, 34 spline. the factory 34 spline axles I was told by the dealer are made to withstand 1000hp. well... oops.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Any updates SLOW?

·
Registered
589 Posts
raptor is independent rear suspension. they use cv axle shafts. the electronic locker, however, in the regular F150s (if equipped) is the same as the raptor, 34 spline. the factory 34 spline axles I was told by the dealer are made to withstand 1000hp. well... oops.
Looks like the Raptor shares the same solid rear axle as the regular F-150 trucks only suspension upgrades are used. Which suck as there is no upgrades on the axles yet...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
11 Participants
Kc311
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing