F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a all in one subwoofer, and I am using the high input instead of using RCAs i spliced into the back speakers on both sides and Everytime the music has a bass note the amp goes into protect mode, any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 EgoBeast SuperCrew 4X4, 3.55 axles, 9.75" w/elocker
2,977 Posts
First, you don’t have a good bass signal at the rear speakers. They are bandpassed. Front speakers get full signal but are attenuated below 100-80 hz. You need to tap into front speaker signal and use a bass restoration device. Audiocontrol makes a great one. What amp/sub combo do you have ? Where is it grounded ? What size ground and power wire ? Where did you tap power ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First, you don’t have a good bass signal at the rear speakers. They are bandpassed. Front speakers get full signal but are attenuated below 100-80 hz. You need to tap into front speaker signal and use a bass restoration device. Audiocontrol makes a great one. What amp/sub combo do you have ? Where is it grounded ? What size ground and power wire ? Where did you tap power ?
I did not have to tap power using high level inputs the sub has an auto on/off switch that detects audio, I am using a all in in one unit from Rockville, ground is 8 gauge to one of the anchor bolts behind the rear seat, power is also 8 gauge, speaker wire is 16 gauge

·
Premium Member
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 EgoBeast SuperCrew 4X4, 3.55 axles, 9.75" w/elocker
2,977 Posts
Is the 8 gauge power cable connected at the battery or tapped into another power wire somewhere ? Regardless if unit has an auto detect switch, you aren’t getting the correct bass signal from the rear speaker wires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts