1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Pics?

·
Registered
71 Posts
image.jpg Hopefully this helps. It's just a little light under the mirror that comes on when you unlock the truck to help you see around your door. I like them and my wife's Edge has them too. I'm thinking I may convert them to LED for a bit more light. Boostin what bulb did you go with?

·
Registered
868 Posts
OK, i see the light now :cool:
i have not seen this before on anything i was pondering a LED light strip on the lower edge of the rocker panels to accomplish the same thing
i find myself getting in and out of the truck in the dark more than the day time so i cant blame anyone for wanting more light around the vehicle
i purchased a set of blue led lights already to install under the dash on each side of the cab, just havent got to them yet and dont know where im gunna find a power wire for them yet.
ford offers a color matched interior lighting kit but are to expensive

·
Registered
393 Posts
How difficult was the swap?

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I did mine too, really worth doing. The hardest part is convincing yourself to cut open the puddle lamp housing. The rest is so easy a Chevy owner could do it....

·
Registered
327 Posts
Where did you get them and how much did they cost?

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I got mine from recon, but you could get them from ddm tuning for much cheaper. Recon is 15-30 per set depending on the brightness you want.

·
Registered
47 Posts
was looking at my mirrors and found a round punchout in that area, is there a connection inside the mirror if i punch out the plastic cover? no light exits now.

can you send more pics or details of the install i would like to do this...

thanks,

rich...

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
This took me all of 30 minutes, and came out great. Definitely recommend that everyone should do this mod. Huge improvement! IMG_0369.JPG IMG_0370.JPG IMG_0371.JPG IMG_0372.JPG IMG_0381.JPG This a crappy iphone pic, and really doesn't show how bright these lights are.

·
Registered
7,626 Posts
Are the spades already inside the mirrors to connect these lights?

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I don't know, I already had the factory puddle lamps. If you go on f150forum.com there's a guy that installed them on a truck that didn't have them. I saw it when I was researching this mod.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts