F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eye guys I have a 2013 xlt and want to out puddle lights of some kind in. I have seen some guy putting led strip under step on the side... I have the holes in my mirrors for the factory style. Any opinions??? Any idea where I can get the factory style??? Part number???? Any info or input would be awesome thanks guys!!!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Google it and you shall find. At least that's what I did before adding my puddle lights to my 2013 xlt.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Even retrofitted with LED bulbs, the factory puddle lights don't put out much. I'd recommend the led strip.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Putting the factory style puddle lights under your mirrors will be better than having nothing at all, but not as bright as an LED strip. If I didn't already have puddles to retrofit and was looking for the simplest way possible, I would have gone this route. 2007-2014 F150 Daytime BrightLites LED Puddle Lights (800 Lumen) PUD-CREE They have a 380 lumen set as well but I figure for $19 extra, why not jump to the 800 lumen. If you order them from Ford, it looks like you'll be spending at least $6o plus shipping anyways. Buy 2013 Ford F-150 Parts | FordParts.com. As far as the wiring, I'm not to sure on that but it seems to me that you could just test the wires in the mirrors and figure out which one gets hot when you unlock the truck, then tap into that one. If you need help getting the mirrors apart, there are several threads on here that will help you with that. Just use the little search bar in the top right corner and look for "mirror turn signals" or "puddle led" or... you get the idea. Another option depending on how accessible it is for you is to just go to a junk yard and pull a set out yourself, or just grab the whole mirror set up so that way they are already wired and in place.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Reactions: milesej05

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Only because a Rigid D2 won't fit tho! Also check Oracle Lighting. I think they have some options.

Sent from my HAL9000 using Tapatalk
I could flush mount some sr-m's under the mirror...

·
Registered
9,641 Posts

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
As long as the OD is big enough

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Idk, it seems close to 1"

·
Registered
9,641 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
i am interested in adding puddle lights to my 2013 screw, does anyone know if the wiring is there under the factory caps before i pop them off?

thanks, rich

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
i am interested in adding puddle lights to my 2013 screw, does anyone know if the wiring is there under the factory caps before i pop them off?

thanks, rich

Got a 14' popped mine, no wires. from my understanding now I gotta take the door panel off and use the violet wire for "hot" and ground where the amber light outside mirror is for ground.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts