F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,655 Posts
Really not that much of a load on that type of trailer because there isn't a big frontal sail behind the pickup like when towing a camper.

·
Premium Member
6,655 Posts
Doesn't look like it would be overloaded to me. Unsafe maybe but probably not too much tongue weight and that's a small tractor.

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Premium Member
6,655 Posts
All the junk in the bed plus 4 passengers that got back in it would be over payload by quite a bit.
If you say so. I can't see his CCC sticker from here.

·
Premium Member
6,655 Posts
It's only a picture, but I think what Arkansas is saying is that the bed cargo looks like light but bulky cargo.

Could be misleadingly lighter than it looks?
Certainly does not look heavy to me and maybe 4000 on the trailer. Tongue weight is anyone's guess.

·
Premium Member
6,655 Posts
None of the 4 that got in were small. So I'm making assumptions, but ive yet to see a 150 with a decent payload rating.
There are a few '17 and up to '21 XLT's without max tow or HDPP with stickers around 1800 or more. Maybe other years also.

·
Premium Member
6,655 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,655 Posts
I find it funny that we look at a supposed 1/2 ton pickup, with an average 3/4 ton payload and complain about the payload it has. Half the 250s I looked at in upper trim levels are right around 1500lbs also.
Yep that's crazy !

Reactions: Boatwaco
1 - 7 of 7 Posts