Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, Last thursday I purchased a new Ecoboost

2013 FX4 - 402A - Appearance package - Max Tow - Moon Roof

MSRP - $59,999

Purchase price - $45, 159.47

I love the truck, although its hard to keep my foot off the pedal,

Does anyone have any tips on how tips on keeping the truck out of boost, or what rpm range do the turbos kick in etc?

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Out of curiosity, how did you get your msrp so high? My truck stickered at 55,xxx and the only options I could have got that I didn't were the 4.10 rear end and the 6.2l. And I don't think the rear end was a $4,000~ option lol.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Out of curiosity, how did you get your msrp so high? My truck stickered at 55,xxx and the only options I could have got that I didn't were the 4.10 rear end and the 6.2l. And I don't think the rear end was a $4,000~ option lol.
The OP appears to be north of the border, so prices are going to be higher.

SPPD

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Hello everyone, Last thursday I purchased a new Ecoboost

2013 FX4 - 402A - Appearance package - Max Tow - Moon Roof

MSRP - $59,999

Purchase price - $45, 159.47

I love the truck, although its hard to keep my foot off the pedal,

Does anyone have any tips on how tips on keeping the truck out of boost, or what rpm range do the turbos kick in etc?
Welcome and congratulations on your new EcoBeast!

I have found that the sweet spot on my MaxTow is right around 64 to 66mph. That seems to be the best mpg andkeeps me out of the boost for cruising. It looks like you made a pretty sweet deal on your EcoBeast. We really like pictures here, so when you are ready post up a few.

SPPD

·
Registered
589 Posts
With SPPD as the sweet spot is right above 60 mph to under 65 mph and mpg results are good to go! Welcome to the site glad to have you on board!

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
The OP appears to be north of the border, so prices are going to be higher.

SPPD
Sppd, why you so smart? XD

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Start slow and keep your truck under 2k RPMs, then work your way up to your target speed. That's the best results I've had. With twin turbos, good luck keeping it under 2k RPMs though!

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
^ I'm with KC. It's hard to keep it under 2K RPM!! Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
9 Participants
akmedic77
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing