F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have currently placed an order for a XLT model with the Luxury Series Package. I still have the option to change my build. Is there any options anyone has but did not care for or do not have and wish they had it? Also, are there any issues that I can expect upon pickup?

·
Registered
860 Posts
What all does the Luxury package include? Does that include the Navigation / Backup Cam? I don't have navigation in mine, however I do have the back-up cam in the rear-view mirror and that is super handy!

·
Registered
6 Posts
back up cam and rear view camera is a must for me. I suck at backing up this big boy. However, I don't like the stepper thing in the tail gate that I paid for. It was part of the truck package but I got it at a great deal. Premium sound is really not that premium. My truck is equipped with sony sound systems and sub woofer but the subwoofer is really subpar equipment. Luxury package is leather seating and auto climate control with seat heating and cooling. Navigation, sunroof and sliding/defrosting rear window, back up sensor and rear view camera on the mirror is another package.

·
Registered
13 Posts
ordered a 2013 XLT supercrew with ecoboost in November. Still waiting for it to come in can't wait . my first ford always been a gm and jeep guy

·
Registered
5 Posts
2012 Ecoboost trouble?

I just bought a new 2012 Ford F150 (Ecoboost) (1k miles). I am very excited that i now have the truck ive wanted for a long time. My joy has turned into fear after reading all of the issues people are having with their truck not running smoothly when they try to give it power on the highway. Mine was built in June of 2012. I hope to hear this is a problem of the past.

Any thoughts?

Thanks everyone for your help!

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have had the same concerns with mine, but in all the searching i have done, a lot more people are extremely happy with the EB compared to the very few people that have had the problems. That being said, enjoy your new truck and dont worry unless something happens, and if it does, it sounds like ford has it figured out now, but like i said, the percentage of people that are having problems is more than likely under 5%. Enjoy!

·
Registered
34 Posts
A power rear window is a great thing to have, especially in a crew cab. Maybe it is included in your luxuary package. I'm thinking about ordering an STX EB SC with the option package with fog lights, towing package, etc. I would order a 2WD with limited slip differential and 3.73 gears. I'm checking on the net to get a feel for what these trucks can do in the 1/4 mile, towing, etc.
Paul

·
Registered
24 Posts
A power rear window is a great thing to have, especially in a crew cab. Maybe it is included in your luxuary package. I'm thinking about ordering an STX EB SC with the option package with fog lights, towing package, etc. I would order a 2WD with limited slip differential and 3.73 gears. I'm checking on the net to get a feel for what these trucks can do in the 1/4 mile, towing, etc.
Paul
Bought mine to replace a 2003 Dodge 1/2 ton quad with the hemi, nice truck, loved the sound and power, but mpg average was 14.2 and it was time to retire it. I enjoy working with turbos and appreciate the tunability, so the EB was a natural.
As far as the 1/4 mile I'm guessing mid/high-10's with enough fueling capacity, meth injection, full bolt on's (inter-cooler, tune, intake, exhaust, drive-train mods, down pipes) and 24-27 psi of boost + big tires. Assuming the lower end can handle 600+hp.
Gonna be fun to see. Maybe all this has been figured out for the EB, I am new to the Ford EB family but not FI engines. I just bought one and joined the forum, looking forward to learning more about the EB possibilities.

Siggy

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Just don't get caught up in the gas mileage thing. Mine still averaging over 16 in almost 5000 miles. Much better than anything I've owned before! You're gonna love it.

Couple of my favorite things:
Power beer can window (slider)
Back up camera (especially if you're a trailer guy)
Remote Start (Absolute must in northern climates)
Heated mirrors (see previous above)
Block heater (see previous previous above)
Spray in bedliner (keeps the back looking good even if used as a truck)

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I am mine!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
9 Participants
Ol Ford Guy
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing