F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my new headlights today from F150LEDS.com and just installed them, I will take pictures tonight and let you know what I think but so far I like them. IMG_0385.JPG IMG_0387.JPG IMG_0389.JPG IMG_0391.JPG IMG_0393.JPG

·
Registered
282 Posts
Let us know if you can see further down the road. I am not at all happy with my stock halogen lights even with an upgraded PIAA bulb. These are the worst performing headlights I've ever had on any vehicle i have ever owned.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very happy with them, completely better than the stock bulbs. My camera sucks at night shots so I hope it does it justice. IMG_0402.JPG

·
Registered
3,934 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Those are the Mark III headlights... same set I've seen selling for the past month (guess he finally got around to copying me, good for him lol, it's a quality kit). His prices are on the high side though. Good quality light, but on the 2015/2016 you'll have water leaking issues (the kits I sell include a bigger boot for your low beams). $125/$140 from me (10% off for forum members when you use promo code ECOBOOST during checkout)

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
As you can see in post #4, the cut-off actually looks nice. These halogen headlight housings actually work really well with hid or led replacements. I've had aftermarket hids in mine since 2013, and never have ppl flashing me.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
If you aim them down after installing hid or LED's in the stock Halogen housings you likely won't annoy people. It's those that leave them at the stock height or higher and don't aim them after that everyone wants to kick in the balls.

Don't be that guy.

It's proven that even though the hid led in a Halogen housing is brighter and clearer. They don't shine as far down the road.

·
Registered
101 Posts
On his truck it's a combo bulb, High/Low. But they don't blind people. These style lights are newer and allow you to adjust the beam pattern. It's not like the cheaper LED bulbs on the market.

·
Registered
282 Posts
On his truck it's a combo bulb, High/Low. But they don't blind people. These style lights are newer and allow you to adjust the beam pattern. It's not like the cheaper LED bulbs on the market.
Are there any independent test showing these type LED's in a halogen housing projecting light further down the road?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have had these in for a few days now and I am still very happy with them, the light pattern looks to be exactly right out of the box and didn't even need to adjust them They are not blinding at all and a great easy affordable option instead of going to a Retrofit or HID solution.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts