F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey I recently purchased a certified pre owned 2018 F-150 XLT FX4. Question is that it is listed with Max Tow on window sticker and shows integrated brake controller under this package on the sticker. But for some reason the integrated trailer brake control isn't on my dash, just empty cubby hole. Anyone else ran across this, do you think Ford would cover and fix, everything else is there like it should be, just odd for it to be listed on window sticker and everything but not there. See attached photos for reference.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,298 Posts
It's crazy how they piece-meal some of these trucks. But it can be the fault of the fella that orders for the dealership too.

Although Ford shouldn't let it be so granular, still the person who equipped (ordered) the truck with backup assist and towing hitch and probably bliss(?), left off the factory brake controller?

Kinda ridiculous really

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,298 Posts
Actually, I didn't read it before I replied, since I knew it was possible to get a truck with EVERYTHING except the controller.

But yea, it's listed right there on the sticker!
That's weird indeed

·
Premium Member
7,298 Posts
Can you stick your finger in that dash cavity and verify the alternative plastic trey is there instead of just an empty hole?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah and it doesn't seem like anything has been tampered with by previous owner, so I'm over here scratching my head.

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
It's a used truck you have no idea of what happened previously, worth asking the deer you bought it from to supply It. Even if you get it half off.

·
Premium Member
7,298 Posts
It's worth every penny even if they don't work with you on it. But that sticker is a pretty good piece of documentation that the truck absolutely should be equipped with one already.

Nice truck by the way. You're going to love it!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hey I recently purchased a certified pre owned 2018 F-150 XLT FX4. Question is that it is listed with Max Tow on window sticker and shows integrated brake controller under this package on the sticker. But for some reason the integrated trailer brake control isn't on my dash, just empty cubby hole. Anyone else ran across this, do you think Ford would cover and fix, everything else is there like it should be, just odd for it to be listed on window sticker and everything but not there. See attached photos for reference.
If it's CPO, the sticker reads "Max Tow", then most definately the dealership should install the brake controller. My 2018 F-150 is Max Tow, and it does have the brake controller and other goodies.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,298 Posts
That's great news.

I figure it co$t them right around 100 bucks to make things right.

But it could cost you as much as 3x that at dealership retail rates.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts