F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 F150 XL 2WD 2.7, with some extra stuff!
1,733 Posts
BCB is a small shop with about 4 people working there. Casey does all the tunes. Been a very busy year for them so be patient. I can tell you the phones are simply jammed with calls and the personnel handling them moved on, an email sent to BCB has a better chance of a quicker answer.
The BDX needs a very solid wifi connection to work with the cloud data system, I have to use a wifi booster in my garrage to get a connection. Otherwise you can directly hook up to a home network computer with a USB patch cable. My experience with BCB is direct face to face in the shop, they are close enough and a reason I chose BCB. Trying not to sound the fanboy, I am very pleased with the tunes, the shop, and the people! KM

Reactions: TimW1968

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
If you hook the BDX directly to a computer with internet connection the process is quick and sure, Derive will normally turn a datalog file back to you via email in a day. Remember to save all the files for future reference.

I use the Highlander during cold weather in WI. due to limited traction. The 93 octane performance runs great in my 2017 2wd RCSB 2.7, even generates respectable MPG of 24+ on long trips. I do add 10% shift presures thru 4th for snappy shifting.

The slow response is directly atributable to getting help to work these days. Have you been into a restaurant lately? KM

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
How do you add 10% shift pressure? Have to request it?
It is a built in choice on the BDX when installing a tune +-5% increments, idle speed, rev limiter, spark advance, gear ratio and tire diameter, are other options. KM

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Corv, did you get thru to BCB?

As I normally go to the shop I did not know the email is specific.
"After You Purchase

A few things happen behind the scenes after making your tune or device purchase.

• After your purchase our staff will then process your order in the order it was received. If you are purchasing hard parts (not tune files) you will receive an automated email with tracking info once all of your parts ship.
  • If you purchased a device with your tune, we will prepare your shipment. Also at that time your vehicle information is placed into our calibrator’s queue in the order it was received.
  • If you purchased a standalone tune file your information will be placed into our calibrators queue. Stand alone tune files usually take between 3 and 5 days depending if all information has been received. ECM, Stock file, Serial….etc
  • If any information is absent, missing, or unclear we will proactively reach out to you for it.
  • Once you receive your tuning device we will need some additional information. The following information must be sent to [email protected].

Please do not send this info to other email addresses as it may not get to our calibrator.

• If you own an nGauge we will need your stock file read nGauge Reading Stock File
  • If you purchased an SCT product we will need your ECU or ECM strategy number and device serial number
  • If you purchased the EZ Lynk with the app running you will need to tap on the “ ? “ and lynk [email protected] as your technician. You will receive a notification on your preferred device when your tunes have arrived.
  • If you purchased the Cobb send your VIN and the serial number of your Cobb device, (ex. FORXXXXXXX).
  • Once your customer file is complete the calibrator can then write your tune files.

Once your tune file(s) have been completed you will receive an email with instructions on how to load the tune file into the device and onto your vehicle. "

quoted from BCB website Tuning 101. KM

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
The Highlander tune is fixed and can not be adjusted, except with your changes to the shifting when installing the tune. Your BDX allows customization for shifts by adding or sutracting shift presure in 5% increments. Other changes to the tune need the switch to a custon data loged tune, 91 or 93 custom performance tunes for example. The custom tunes can be updated and shifting strategy changed in the programing of the custom tune. The Highlander is an off the shelf tune and cannot be altered by Casey. KM

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
As I mentioned I am happy with the BCB service but do remember my proximity makes face to face tune discussion and updating simple. KM

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
An update for the questions about BCB. Was in the shop today and the place is empty, Marv I and another customer talking. Casey and Kelly decided to close and move on with their young families. I can not fault them for that. Best of luck and life to them.

The info denied to customers is for others to decide. It could have been handled better. KM

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Hopefully they only closed the shop and are working remotely. I know a bunch of people have already payed for revisions…
Same here. It does go a long way to explain the problems popping up. To bad it was not handled better. KM

1 - 8 of 8 Posts