F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
I had similar delays and other issues with 5*, and considered BCB…very glad I went with MPT instead,

kist like others in this thread, Mike and @More Power Tuning are top notch. My tunes are awesome, but above all the customer service is amazing. I get revisions within a day, email responses to questions that are full paragraphs, and quick problem solving. Mike worked with me to get the tunes to my liking and is even doing a special request(87 E50 tune!).

glad you decided to go with them!
you’re mixing 87 with e85 to get e50?

just looking for fuel cost savings? I guess that’s still a respectable ~94 “octane”

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
did you do a kam and tcm reset in between tunes? The weird shifting may just be the truck adjusting to the new strategy, and resetting things may help
I did, yes. The BCB tune was just not as aggressive feeling. Maybe that was because it was just the base tune and I could never get them to send a revision. Not sure, as I have nothing to base it off of with them. The base map from mpt is definitely more aggressive feeling on a base tune. Definitely going to drive it some and datalog it after it learns a little.

·
Registered
732 Posts
When I had an e85 tune from BCB, they did three revisions. Casey has tuned a bunch of these trucks, so he likely has a pretty stout base tune… not turned up all the way, but pretty close.

he added timing and boost in my second and third revs. The trans tune and other things are likely ’final’ on what you got. I sense that MPT is likely similar, but with their own ‘flair’

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
When I had an e85 tune from BCB, they did three revisions. Casey has tuned a bunch of these trucks, so he likely has a pretty stout base tune… not turned up all the way, but pretty close.

he added timing and boost in my second and third revs. The trans tune and other things are likely ’final’ on what you got. I sense that MPT is likely similar, but with their own ‘flair’
I've been waiting for 3 weeks now for a revision. I was able to get them to confirm that it was received and was also told, "we have received it and you're in line to have it looked at. Our turn around times are 1-2 weeks for tune revisions." It's been a week or more since then.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I've been waiting for 3 weeks now for a revision. I was able to get them to confirm that it was received and was also told, "we have received it and you're in line to have it looked at. Our turn around times are 1-2 weeks for tune revisions." It's been a week or more since then.
That is really a shame.. I don't doubt Casey's ability as a tuner, but something is keeping him from turning revs over quickly..

Torrie @ Unleashed is your guy if you want quick response. I think I did 8 revisions/logs in one day.. My final tune took close to 30 revs and we did that in less than 2 weeks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
That is really a shame.. I don't doubt Casey's ability as a tuner, but something is keeping him from turning revs over quickly..

Torrie @ Unleashed is your guy if you want quick response. I think I did 8 revisions/logs in one day.. My final tune took close to 30 revs and we did that in less than 2 weeks.
I

Torrie has a pretty good reputation. I thought about using him too, I know a lot of people that have used him on other platforms and they've all been satisfied.

·
Registered
2019 f150 3.5 ecoboost crew cab 4x4 heavy tow package fx4 6.5' bed highly modified
6,586 Posts
I

Torrie has a pretty good reputation. I thought about using him too, I know a lot of people that have used him on other platforms and they've all been satisfied.
Just wait until you get a couple revisions from @More Power Tuning ; . Ewww weeee

how about that sport mode eh?

Reactions: Boatwaco

·
Premium Member
2017 F150 XL 2WD 2.7, with some extra stuff!
1,733 Posts
An update for the questions about BCB. Was in the shop today and the place is empty, Marv I and another customer talking. Casey and Kelly decided to close and move on with their young families. I can not fault them for that. Best of luck and life to them.

The info denied to customers is for others to decide. It could have been handled better. KM

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
An update for the questions about BCB. Was in the shop today and the place is empty, Marv I and another customer talking. Casey and Kelly decided to close and move on with their young families. I can not fault them for that. Best of luck and life to them.

The info denied to customers is for others to decide. It could have been handled better. KM
That would make sense for the lack of communication. I hope the best for them.

·
Premium Member
2017 F150 XL 2WD 2.7, with some extra stuff!
1,733 Posts
Hopefully they only closed the shop and are working remotely. I know a bunch of people have already payed for revisions…
Same here. It does go a long way to explain the problems popping up. To bad it was not handled better. KM

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey guys.
Not to hijack, same topic and looking for a bit of advice on how to handle this similar situation.
I have ran a LMS canned tune for a couple years, was looking for something more. I was undecided on a new tuner for awhile, especially after regretting my LMS choice. I bought a BDX, plugs and 91 custom and E85 custom tunes from BCB on 8-22, shipped within 2 days. I sent them the required info to the tune email listed on their site a little over 2 weeks ago. I still don’t have their 2 canned tunes or the base custom tunes.
I have been lurking and know their website is gutted and I did email them one more time to check in and tell them I hope everything is ok with them personally and professionally. Still have not heard anything. I had made an assumption they would continue their remote tuning, especially since they shipped me the parts after they closed the shop.

I really would like the tunes from them, I am not upset and I don’t want to fight. I have a friend with their 91&E85 tune and it’s awesome. We both “think” Casey will get back to me.

So other than go back in time and buy from them sooner, or not buy at all, what is the most appropriate thing to do now? Do I keep waiting or do you think nothing will happen?

As a person who works with projects, engineers and high stakes at my job also, I understand how things get and how customers can be. I can even empathize or theorize why they may have decided to close shop. All I’m saying is I understand, but at the same time, when the music stops here, I want a chair too, I am willing to wait a little, but I want to get what I paid for and not less.

Thanks for reading

Rollie

·
Registered
732 Posts
Hey guys.
Not to hijack, same topic and looking for a bit of advice on how to handle this similar situation.
I have ran a LMS canned tune for a couple years, was looking for something more. I was undecided on a new tuner for awhile, especially after regretting my LMS choice. I bought a BDX, plugs and 91 custom and E85 custom tunes from BCB on 8-22, shipped within 2 days. I sent them the required info to the tune email listed on their site a little over 2 weeks ago. I still don’t have their 2 canned tunes or the base custom tunes.
I have been lurking and know their website is gutted and I did email them one more time to check in and tell them I hope everything is ok with them personally and professionally. Still have not heard anything. I had made an assumption they would continue their remote tuning, especially since they shipped me the parts after they closed the shop.

I really would like the tunes from them, I am not upset and I don’t want to fight or * about them. I have a friend with their 91&E85 tune and it’s awesome. We both “think” Casey will get back to me.

So other than go back in time and buy from them sooner, or not buy at all, what is the most appropriate thing to do now? Do I keep waiting or do you think nothing will happen?

As a person who works with projects, engineers and high stakes at my job also, I understand how things get and how customers can be. I can even empathize or theorize why they may have decided to close shop. All I’m saying is I understand, but at the same time, when the music stops here, I want a chair too, I am willing to wait a little, but I want to get what I paid for and not less.

Thanks for reading

Rollie

I'd be starting a chargeback via the credit card I paid with.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Hey guys.

I really would like the tunes from them, I am not upset and I don’t want to fight or * about them. I have a friend with their 91&E85 tune and it’s awesome. We both “think” Casey will get back to me.

Thanks for reading

Rollie
I did eventually get a tube file back from them, a few weeks ago. But last I heard they shut down shop and likely won't be sending anything else.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I appreciate it! I knew they were closing shop but I heard or thought they were specifically continuing remote tuning, so I bought it after they closed, they shipped it, that’s why I’m just concerned after later seeing the website come down (mostly), and FB page paused, and some other later clues, that I’m not going to be receiving anything further. It’s on me for making an assumption but I also would never ship a product to a customer I didn’t intend to support, and I didn’t think they would either. He may still respond so I’m not writing it off but gave it one more chance with it this morning. If I don’t hear anything I will dispute it with CC, I think I have 30 days.
Just curious CorvZ061, did you try out the tune they sent back?
I appreciate you guys chiming in to give your perspectives, very much. Lots of good guys on this forum.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
I appreciate it! I knew they were closing shop but I heard or thought they were specifically continuing remote tuning, so I bought it after they closed, they shipped it, that’s why I’m just concerned after later seeing the website come down (mostly), and FB page paused, and some other later clues, that I’m not going to be receiving anything further. It’s on me for making an assumption but I also would never ship a product to a customer I didn’t intend to support, and I didn’t think they would either. He may still respond so I’m not writing it off but gave it one more chance with it this morning. If I don’t hear anything I will dispute it with CC, I think I have 30 days.
Just curious CorvZ061, did you try out the tune they sent back?
I appreciate you guys chiming in to give your perspectives, very much. Lots of good guys on this forum.
I did not. I moved on to MPT and haven't looked back

41 - 60 of 65 Posts