F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my truck used with 6k miles from Carmax the day after they got the truck in and got very little info from them about truck. I have no idea which rear end I have in the truck, '12 Lariat with a tow hitch already on it, elocker, selectamatic gears, if that helps. Is there a way to find out through the VIN? Or does the Lariat come standard with a certain rear end?

Lou

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Use the Ford Vin look up like ^^^^^ said. Also congratulations on your new to you EcoBeast! Let us know what you find when you run the vin.

SPPD

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the link above! Got the 3.73 rear end. Nice seeing the sticker for the truck.

Lou

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Thanks for the link above! Got the 3.73 rear end. Nice seeing the sticker for the truck.

Lou
Do you have the MaxTow Package too? If so you have a better radiator, and oil and tranny coolers.

Enjoy your truck!

SPPD

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you have the MaxTow Package too? If so you have a better radiator, and oil and tranny coolers.

Enjoy your truck!

SPPD
Yep,just saw it on the sticker. Max tow pkg it is! Here is the completely silly part: I have absolutely nothing to tow, nor have I ever towed anything in my life ( Im 47) I went to Carmax and the sales rep showed me the truck, which they got in the night before, and just fell for it. Only had 6k miles on it and I got a pretty sweet deal on it, especially when they gave me 3k for my 10 year old Titan with a cracked ring that was blowing 6 qts of oil a week through it.

Lou

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Now you have an excuse to buy a boat or camper. I mean you have a Max Tow Package, so it really is a requirement to tow some stuff. For the trucks sake. Lol!

SPPD

·
Registered
588 Posts
Now you have an excuse to buy a boat or camper. I mean you have a Max Tow Package, so it really is a requirement to tow some stuff. For the trucks sake. Lol!

SPPD

yup it's actually law under article EcoBeast chapter 3 paragraph 5 on page 420

1 - 9 of 9 Posts