F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Sct tuner from stage 3 with custom tunes from 5star. Just have a question, when the truck programs the canned tune the radio speaker makes a loud pop and all the power to the truck is cut off. After it finishes programming everything comes back on and it says service advance trac, then that goes away and I had to reset my clock and my auto unlock door feature, Is this normal? The truck runs great with the canned Sct tune, can only imagine how its gonna be with the custom tunes. Just seems weird how it cuts power and resets everything. Only other tuner I have had is a edge evo and it didn't do that but that was on a older truck.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I had a bad experience with the edge evo on my 03 f150 and had to have it towed to the ford dealership to get it reprogrammed. As soon as it cut the power on this truck my heart stopped. LOL.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One last question. I love the sct canned 87 tune but i just filled up today with Chevron 92 Octane. Would it be safe to try the 93 canned tune or just stick with the 91 custom tune when i get it in a few days? To me 1 octane point isnt much but the truck may think different.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IMHO with 92 octane fuel I would stick with the 91 octane tune to error on the side of safety.
Yea i started thinking about it and decided to do the 91 tune.. Havent got to drive the truck yet.. Should be fun!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts