F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am been trying to decided if it is worth it to put an actual lift on my truck i like the lifted look, but one of the concerns i had is how doesnt it effect the ride quality? does it have more body roll being taller? and is the 4 inch worth it or would a 6 inch be the way to go?

any answers will help thanks.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Adding lift kits will not affect the ride quality of your rig but you might have a more body roll because of the higher center of gravity. Instead of completely lifting your truck, you can use leveling kits to have a perfect stance. I know that most of the guys here are happy with their leveling kits. Leveling kits allow you to put bigger tires like Ready Lift - Ready Lift Leveling Kits, Lowest Price - Free Shipping. Others used Rancho quick lift.

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
If you buy a quality lift, the ride will still be good.
As stated, higher center of gravity will result in more of a rolling possibility. Slow and steady wins the race. 6" wouldn't make it too terribly unbalanced though.
4" is only like $100 less than 6". I would get the 2 more inches (insert joke here).

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the imput guys i all ready have a leveling kit, and that what I was thinking on the 6inch lift

·
Registered
360 Posts
I would never lift an F140 4x4 6 inches. I wouldn't even lift it 4 inches. I just don't see the benefit unless you plan to mash it hard offroad.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would never lift an F140 4x4 6 inches. I wouldn't even lift it 4 inches. I just don't see the benefit unless you plan to mash it hard offroad.
i do a bit of off raoding i have been in some spots where the skids plates were dragging and the leveling kit just isnt tall enough. but I was mainly wanting to for the looks cause i really dont pull with the truck so it wouldnt effect that aspect.

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
It's primarily for looks... My cousin has a 2500 Chevy with 21" of lift. Why? One might ask.....

because he can lol. It's absolutely useless but it looks cool!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts