F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have had the X4 for almost 3 weeks now and still cant find any info on what all the options are on the thing.
i will start off with a few straight forward questions.
NOT

who can explain some of the lingo and terminology for tuning ?
what is this tip in i hear mention of ?

i tried the MPT custom 87 perf tune and went back to canned after 45 min and probably 5 mpg loss because their is no easing the throttle on to hold your speed anywhere from 40mph to 60mph
if you just touched the pedal it wanted to start to make boost and pull so you gotta lift back off.
i know that it can be adjusted but i probably sound like a retard not knowing what i want adjusted or what to ask for.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sounds like my problem.
i dont want all that power right off idle because it does no good driving around town or going up a hill, it just eats gas.

·
Registered
902 Posts
You guys are weines!! lol J/K. You can have it adjusted. I love having the thottle and boost come on quick. You get use to it after a while.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So does adjusting the shift pressure make it shift harder or softer on the X4 ?

·
Registered
178 Posts
So does adjusting the shift pressure make it shift harder or softer on the X4 ?
The canned tune would've more than likely added line pressure, so taking some off would make the shifts softer. But that doesn't solve all the issues, that'd why I went custom and told them exactly what I wanted (as above)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts