F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one have knowledge of and/or experience with R1 Concepts rotors and pads?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I looked at them. Seems to me that they’re quite a bit of money for an unknown product for me. They may very well be a top notch product but I don’t know anyone that has used them. Maybe you can be one of those guys and tell us what you think.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Top of their line all four corners for 34 bucks more (with coupon) then Powerstop z36. I've always had good luck with Powerstop so I'm hesitant.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Coupon was for 20% off, about $100. Looking on Amazon Powerstops get a lot of 1 and 2 stars, 19% vs 11% for R1. My personal experience with Power stops has been 5 star on the three vehicles I have put them on.

·
Registered
560 Posts
To get an idea you'd need to read the 1 & 2 star ratings. I have found usually 25% are people that say things such as: Didn't like, hard to install, package was damaged and my favorite: Worked.
I have no idea on the R1 stuff but do run the Z36 and they have been great.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Yeah, I was not remembering this correctly a set of front and rear Geomet (they’re top of the line) rotors from R1 is running $441 before any discounts. They’re economy line runs $360 for a set of front and rear.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the comments. I'm probably working this to death!

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Does search not work? I have typed r1 concepts multiple times, it should come up with search.

I run them and centric ceramic pads. See my thread in sig. I also made a brake specific thread too I think. Supposed to be better quality material and cast in UK/finish in USA vs china everything else too.

·
Administrator
7,814 Posts
To get an idea you'd need to read the 1 & 2 star ratings. I have found usually 25% are people that say things such as: Didn't like, hard to install, package was damaged and my favorite: Worked.
I have no idea on the R1 stuff but do run the Z36 and they have been great.
Exactly, you have to actually read through the 1 and 2 star comments on Amazon now because people are frigging morons and order the wrong part or don't know how to install. Or the packaging was missing the shrink wrap.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've bought R1 Concepts eline brakes for a 1999 Ford F150, 2010 Ford Fusion, 2009 Smart Fortwo, and 2006 Cadillac CTS.
Never had a problem with operation.
On the CTS one rear rotor started rusting around the center hub after about a week of being installed, took photos and sent a email to the company, they sent back a form letter saying they're not responsible for rust.
Called them, they apologized for the form letter, admitted nobody actually looked at the email, and immediately sent a new rotor.

So, overall I've been happy with them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts