F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I raced a new 1500 the other night to about 45/50. The other driver was alone I had my brother in law. I stayed ahead the whole way but just barely. I have a stock fx4 with 3.73 gears.

Reactions: Air_ivre

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Good win!

Did you happen to talk to the other driver to see what he was running as far as rear end? Or if he had any mods?

SPPD

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I didn't but I'm pretty sure he was stock. That hemi sure sounds nice when you wind it out though lol

·
Registered
327 Posts
Nice work.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well done

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Makes me want a tune ;)

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Unless he had 3.92's in the rear end you'd burn a stock one. My buddy's 2012 ram has an intake, throttle body, electric fan conversion, custom tune, exhaust, and he still had to put his tiny "drag tires" on to beat me. There's a vid of us racing on here before he did the fan and tire swap.

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Was this from a roll or from a dig?
A roll. He pulled up next to me and when the light turned green we started rolling and he looked over and punched it so I did too. I'm not sure how fast we were going in the end. I said 45/50 but thinking about it again it had to be higher because the speed limit was 40 and I had to stop because I caught up to a car in my lane.

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
When I was in a foreign country on a closed road with professional supervision....

I beat a brand new tundra from 0-60... Maybe 80. Never spoke to him though.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I have raced 2 brand new hemi's and 4 older ones in 1/8th mile with just canned tune and beat them by 4 lengths easy. After that none of them wanted any. With new custom tune 10 lengths easy

2012 F150 EcoBoost Lariat

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice kill!

My buddy's ecoboost with tune, intake, exhaust would easily walk my old hemi crew cab which ran a 14.6 stock. Lol he even beat me just downshifting into 4th and I was all the way down in 2nd :(

·
Registered
13,055 Posts
So I raced a new 1500 the other night to about 45/50. The other driver was alone I had my brother in law. I stayed ahead the whole way but just barely. I have a stock fx4 with 3.73 gears.
Video or LIAR

Sent from my silver iPad Air 1 in a http://www.red.org/en/ smart case using an app called Tapatalky

·
Registered
682 Posts
A hemi ram got the drop on me at a light week back.:banghead:
By the time i got into it he had half truck length on me. Stayed even untill i had to let out for traffic probably 80 mph!
Sent from my SGH-I747M using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
843 Posts
A hemi ram got the drop on me at a light week back.:banghead:
By the time i got into it he had half truck length on me. Stayed even untill i had to let out for traffic probably 80 mph!
Sent from my SGH-I747M using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
Are you tuned?

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts