F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I've had my ecoboost for a year next month. and today its about 50 degrees out and raining, i just got home from work and was pulling into my garage when noticed a fair amount of steam coming from what seemed too be the front of the radiator. so i pulled in, poped the hood and peeped around with a flashlight, didn't see anything out of the ordinary. this just had me concerned because I've never experienced this "steam" before and was wondering if anyone els has. the weird part is it didn't seem too just be water splashed onto the engine creating the steam, it seems as tho it was leaking out from somewhere. just wondering if anyone has ever experienced anything similar? or am i just tripping :eek:

Thanks, Adam

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know what you are talking about. My truck does this when it's cool and rainy as well. Our company trucks that are all non-Eco-boosts do it as well just not quite as much. My truck looks like the radiator has sprung a leak while theirs looks like exhaust steam. I think it's just the moisture getting to something hot on the bottom of the engine.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
My truck definitely steams from the front end after driving through a car wash.

·
Registered
868 Posts
i have noticed mine steaming out from under the hood and also thought it was the rad leaking but never find a puddle or low antifreeze level, so i never give it a second thought.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts