F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my buddy were talking today and the topic of stacking a Rancho loaded quick lift on top of a leveling kit came up, has any one done this before? Clearly if it were to be done it would need an add a leaf addition in the rear. Could the factory parts hold up to such a ******* build? Haha I'm asking more out of curiosity more than anything, would be pretty funny to see, thought id come to this forum and open with one hell of a weird question :)

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Although the suspension geometry would probably be so bad it wouldn't align.

·
Vendor
1,517 Posts
Well, I certainly wouldn't recommend it, but it would, technically, be possible. You also wouldn't need to an Add-a-Leaf kit, you could probably just get away with a bigger rear block, given that even 4" lifts generally just use a larger block.

The reasons that it's pretty blatantly a terrible idea: the QuickLifts aren't really designed for that sort of thing and there's a good chance you'd just end up breaking them; your CV and UCA angles would be pretty terrible, along with rest of your suspension geometry; the ride quality would be terrible because of both of the first two points; the minute you do anything other than drive over nice, smooth pavement, you'll break something; and for the price of doing the two QuickLifts, the leveling kit (depending on the kit), and then the rear block, you could have gotten something decent for both the front and rear that you could probably actually have fun with.

Other than all that, it's a brilliant plan.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha thanks for the quick response, I thought would be a terrible idea but then again you never know unless you ask!

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Haha thanks for the quick response, I thought would be a terrible idea but then again you never know unless you ask!
Yeah, our cv's pretty much max out at 3".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts