F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Love the designs. Love the idea of a 50 watt set up (I have the OEM 35w HIDs in my '13 FX4).

But let me ask please; by your website's comment:

"If your looking for a true Bi-Xenon HID projector retrofit you've come to the right place. We use the highest quality HID products available from The Retrofit Source to give you the absolute best in headlight retrofits."

Optics aside - does this mean that you do not us OEM components? I'm concerned about the comment that there is "better foreground lighting". This is a preliminary indication that a halogen reflector is being used with an HID capsule (which is illegal and ineffective)

The term "Bi-Xenon" has always referred to a capsule with a rotating shield to effect high beam versus low beam. This isn't what you use, is it?

Looking forward to your feedback, great & imaginative design work!

Thank you!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Aside from the obvious cosmetic upgrades these lights have the EvoX-R projector upgrade with 50w bulbs and ballast. The red "demon eyes" are on a separate switch and for off-road use only. I should have some pics of them on the owners truck by this weekend.

I like. . .I need to grow a money tree in the backyard

·
Vendor
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Love the designs. Love the idea of a 50 watt set up (I have the OEM 35w HIDs in my '13 FX4).

But let me ask please; by your website's comment:

"If your looking for a true Bi-Xenon HID projector retrofit you've come to the right place. We use the highest quality HID products available from The Retrofit Source to give you the absolute best in headlight retrofits."

Optics aside - does this mean that you do not us OEM components? I'm concerned about the comment that there is "better foreground lighting". This is a preliminary indication that a halogen reflector is being used with an HID capsule (which is illegal and ineffective)

The term "Bi-Xenon" has always referred to a capsule with a rotating shield to effect high beam versus low beam. This isn't what you use, is it?

Looking forward to your feedback, great & imaginative design work!

Thank you!
No Sir, we do not put HID bulbs in halogen reflectors. We only use Bi-Zenon HID projectors, low and high beam with 1 bulb that's always on at full brightness. We use both aftermarket and OEM - projectors, bulbs and ballast, in general the aftermarket stuff is much cheaper then OEM, there is a large choice depending on your budget. Your confusion of - "better foreground lighting" refers to the better performance characteristics of the EvoX-R projector in place of the OEM projector. You can check out the output comparison pics on the website here - Raptor Retrofit

·
Registered
43 Posts
So do you use a custom wiring harness to allow the upgraded d2s set up to work in a 2013 that came from the factory with oem hid's? Plenty of info on the adapting harness for using 13 headlights in an 09-12 truck but very little on the d3s to d2s upgrade for a truck already containing stock hid's.

I've been searching high and low for an answer to this question. If so do you sell the harness? And how much?

Great work by the way. Very creative.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yeah I'm going to have to order one here shortly because I find that whole thing terribly confusing lol...

I know pins 1 and 3 on the 4 pin connector are for the ballast and projector, respectively and pins 2 and 4 the power and ground. So it would make sense to have a 9006 connector coming from pins 1 and 3, so what happens to the wires from pin 2 and 4? The 9006 is a 2 pin so does that mean one pin is left blank?

Sorry I'm not trying to get you to give away trade secrets or anything, I previously built my own adapting harness on my 2010 (which wasn't overly complicated, but certainly not something I'd do again lol) but this one seems much more complex. And I hate not understanding these things.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Oh wait...you add the 4pin oem connection to the TRS h13 harness? If that's the case it make sense. Still too much effort required for me lol

·
Vendor
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
Theres a constant on and a switched on in the 4 pin 2013 trucks. Not sure why Ford put a constant on in there but its not needed for the conversion harness. So after the relay the 9006 connections are - low beam/ground and high beam/ground. Low beam fires the bulbs at 100% and high activates the solenoid to move the cutoff shield out of the way for brights.

·
Vendor
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
We finally put together a video for our color changing projector lens option. It may not be for everyone, personally I only really care for the pulsing feature. We can add these to any oem or custom build, price is $200.

Please note, these are for off road/show use, only amber and white are DOT road legal colors for the front of a vehicle.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
We finally put together a video for our color changing projector lens option. It may not be for everyone, personally I only really care for the pulsing feature. We can add these to any oem or custom build, price is $200.

Please note, these are for off road/show use, only amber and white are DOT road legal colors for the front of a vehicle.

I love the mismatched housing on this. It really does look sick as f!

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
About this Discussion
39 Replies
16 Participants
Pinero61
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing