F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 3.5 Ecoboost and was thinking about getting raptor turbos to replace my stock turbos. Will I notice much gain? I am also planning on putting full-race down pipes and an intercooler in it, along with a tune. I am wondering if the turbo swap will make that much of a difference?

·
Registered
118 Posts
In this order

Tune hardware and tune (lots of options, read the forums and pick one)
Intercooler - Full Race or the new Garrett that just dropped in
Whatever else you would like

·
Registered
118 Posts
The core itself. I posted in another thread a side by side comparison of my Full Race front mount vs my brothers factory core, massive difference in cooling.

Is it more the cold and hot pipes that make the difference or the intercooler it self? Or is it both combined?

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
I dont think the raptor turbos would buy you a lot. These motors a making a lot of power with just a tune and I havent really seen any raptor dynos that are much higher, so if you are gunna spend the time and money to swap the turbos then there are likely better options.

·
Premium Member
4,826 Posts
Heard recently the 18's have the same turbos as the Raptor.
Also heard they were worth about 30HP more if the tune is addressing the difference.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
Heard recently the 18's have the same turbos as the Raptor.
Also heard they were worth about 30HP more if the tune is addressing the difference.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I've also heard the 2018's have larger trubos but didnt know they were raptor. this is yet another data point to make me not jelly of any raptor/2019 Limited/navigator owner. A quick tune and ill be right there with em(if I ever own a 2018+)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts