F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

61 - 80 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #62

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Hmm that's hard for me to say on that one, kind of hard for me to hear but I think I hear what you may be referring to

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
One thing about this truck is it's pretty damn quiet idling, it's just when I have the RPMs in that certain range for that thumping and now at a certain angle of the throttle getting that rattle

·
Registered
444 Posts
Hmm that's hard for me to say on that one, kind of hard for me to hear but I think I hear what you may be referring to

Yeah, not sure what that's all about but I'll keep feeding her and see what happens. My dealership has been good to me making sure I have wheels for work and even a truck to pull the travel trailer.

It's probably going to get louder after this weekend's camping trip so might be a good time to visit the dealership next week

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
I'm just going to ignore the sound and turn up the radio, I'll take it in for it eventually but not for a while unless it gets louder. Just the thought of dealing with the dealership service department gives me anxiety. Not to mention there's a 50/50 chance something else will pop up as well before then that'll need to be looked at.
So for now I will just , send it.

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
I ain't buying it.
I DO believe that you WANT to turn the radio up and ignore the 5 or 6 different noises that your new truck makes, and you MAY actually do so for a couple of days.

But you'll get some rest, or someone will post to this thread, OR create a new noise-thread, OR a new suggestion of something it might be...........

And here ya go!
A new camera angle or a crevice you haven't stuck one in yet.

I'll be happy to eat crow though. :)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I ain't buying it.
I DO believe that you WANT to turn the radio up and ignore the 5 or 6 different noises that your new truck makes, and you MAY actually do so for a couple of days.

But you'll get some rest, or someone will post to this thread, OR create a new noise-thread, OR a new suggestion of something it might be...........

And here ya go!
A new camera angle or a crevice you haven't stuck one in yet.

I'll be happy to eat crow though. :)

Hey!! There's only two sounds! Don't jynx me!

I've been putting it to her today and she doesn't miss a beat.
105 deg out today too

·
Administrator
7,833 Posts
@Sirikenewtron

you REALLY need to figure out how your radio works...and which knob is for the volume. You are going to go crazy thinking every little noise from your new truck is something big. Until you are close to 36K miles or you are on the road with oil all over the pavement...you should NOT worry.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #69 (Edited)
@Sirikenewtron

you REALLY need to figure out how your radio works...and which knob is for the volume. You are going to go crazy thinking every little noise from your new truck is something big. Until you are close to 36K miles or you are on the road with oil all over the pavement...you should NOT worry.
Man I wish it were that simple , for me. My old 2013 3.5 literally mind raped me, I was NEVER like this before that truck.
I've accepted the thumping sound and moved on then this rattling comes along, I honestly don't think it's a big issue but the truck sound like a POS clunker leaving stops rattling like a tin can.
What is this volume knob you speak of?

But in all seriousness you're right and I agree.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Have you tested anything underneath? Jack it up real high and get under it and have someone rev it where it makes the noise. Bring a bar or piece of wood and press on exhaust and things to see if it will stop at that point.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Have you tested anything underneath? Jack it up real high and get under it and have someone rev it where it makes the noise. Bring a bar or piece of wood and press on exhaust and things to see if it will stop at that point.
I have, a couple different days/times now. I think it may be internal. At the driver side catalytic converter it's the loudest.
Also took off all skid plates and sound didn't go away.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Have you noticed EVERYONE wants to fix your truck?

You have buddies. :)

That's why I post here, may take a while but eventually I get good ideas that I haven't thought of yet. I can't even tell you how many times the guys on here years ago saved me a trip to the dealership with my old 13, well a few less trips anyways.
Ha

61 - 80 of 127 Posts