F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 151 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 · (Edited)
Aren't you guys still under warranty? Take it in to a dealer. In the new videos it doesn't sound like a heat shield to me. It sounds like some sort of mechanical "chatter" or "rattle", like a PCV valve with a ball inside it. Are the design of the turbo solenoids the same as the past?
I'm already out of the warranty, I've got about 3,600 miles on the truck..................................

[emoji23] [emoji16]
Yeah obviously I'll be taking it to the dealership, just asking around in case anyone else has encountered it and it's a simple fix before I waste my time there , can't tell you how many times in the past on my other trucks I've had an issue and was able to figure it out from posting on here and taking care of it myself.( in the past this forum used to be awesome for that)
Not only that but half the times I've had to bring my truck in I've had to do the leg work to figure out what it was just so my truck wouldn't sit at the dealership for a week or two while they yanked on their cocks throwing parts at it or worse yet then calling me and telling me nothing is wrong.

The sound is definitely coming from either the driver side of the transmission or the driver side catalytic converter.

I've done everything I'm willing to do so next step is dealership, but I'm not in a huge rush truck still drives amazing

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Turn your radio up and close your windows....aaaaaaaand

SEND IT!!!
Exactly what I'm doing [emoji16]

Reactions: milesej05
Discussion starter · #23 ·
My Truck sounds EXACTLY the same. I agree FOOKIN send it!
So you have that same rattle coming from the transmission area?

Yeah obviously I'll be taking it to the dealership, just asking around in case anyone else has encountered it and it's a simple fix before I waste my time there , can't tell you how many times in the past on my other trucks I've had an issue and was able to figure it out from posting on here and taking care of it myself.( in the past this forum used to be awesome for that)
Not only that but half the times I've had to bring my truck in I've had to do the leg work to figure out what it was just so my truck wouldn't sit at the dealership for a week or two while they yanked on their cocks throwing parts at it or worse yet then calling me and telling me nothing is wrong.
No worries. I just have "new truck" envy. :p

Since you mentioned the trans, I just thought of something else - If you put it in gear and blip it does the sound go away?

Discussion starter · #25 · (Edited)
No worries. I just have "new truck" envy. [emoji14]

Since you mentioned the trans, I just thought of something else - If you put it in gear and blip it does the sound go away?
I probably came off like a smart ass, I seem to get in a ****y mood when my truck is making weird sounds that I can't figure out, LOL my wife hates it. I let it preoccupy my mind which is ridiculous. Unfortunately usually if I can't figure it out it seems like none of the damn dealerships can either but I guess I just got to hope for the best.

Yeah it makes the sound at any time, any gear, neutral, hot or cold.
It really sounds like something loose like a heat shield or something but I went through the whole damn thing for a couple hours yesterday and there's nothing loose that I can find anywhere. Hopefully it's not torque converter related.

Reactions: mj0528
Whatever it is, it is NOT a continuation of your Gen1 curse.

That's great news.

We just have to read your posts.
She has to LIVE with the guy who posts.

Put another way, we have the choice to scroll.
She, on the other hand.......

Bless her soul.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

So you have that same rattle coming from the transmission area?

Well SH*T. Now I've gotta lay under my truck to answer the question LOL.

Seriously, it sounds the same. I will make some videos and see about posting. Do you have to use youtube to post a video? It used to be photobucket in my Cobra forum days.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Well SH*T. Now I've gotta lay under my truck to answer the question LOL.

Seriously, it sounds the same. I will make some videos and see about posting. Do you have to use youtube to post a video? It used to be photobucket in my Cobra forum days.
Photo bucket works too I believe.
I'd be interested, you can even just sit in the cab in Park and blip the throttle with the camera out the window and should be able to pick up the sound if it's the same as mine. My sound seems to occur while pushing it as opposed to when letting off

Photo bucket works too I believe.
I'd be interested, you can even just sit in the cab in Park and blip the throttle with the camera out the window and should be able to pick up the sound if it's the same as mine. My sound seems to occur while pushing it as opposed to when letting off

The fan shuts off at about 10 seconds..Its hot in vegas today!

Discussion starter · #31 ·
The fan shuts off at about 10 seconds..Its hot in vegas today!

Yup that's the same exact sound. Did yours just start doing it all of a sudden as well or have you always had that sound? How many miles on your truck?

16k I think it’s always been there. Runs it’s ass off tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahhhhhhh.

You see that Sir Ike?

You have at LEAST 12,000 miles of worry freeness!
(and then you can ask again and discover how far ahead of you in mileage Vegas still is)

Discussion starter · #34 ·

Well it makes me feel a little better someone else has this same sound, I'm sure theres quite a few others out there as well.

Like yours mine still drives perfect, just bugs me a little bit when I'm leaving stops and my truck is rattling like a tin can.

I guess I won't rush to the dealership but will plan on eventually taking it in for it.

Discussion starter · #35 ·
Ahhhhhhh.

You see that Sir Ike?

You have at LEAST 12,000 miles of worry freeness!
(and then you can ask again and discover how far ahead of you in mileage Vegas still is)

Lol for sure.
I wish there was a [emoji813] button besides just a like, most of your replies I wanna [emoji813]
[emoji23]

Discussion starter · #37 ·
****, i just now realized thsi was Sirikenewtron, we will be having weekly "my truck noise" videos now :D
That's what you guys get for allowing me to buy another Ford
Bwahahahaha [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji1787]

Discussion starter · #38 ·

Now I'm curious if you have this thumping sound too, only happens at low RPMs and in gear.
This sound drove me bat**** crazy on my old 2013 and what do you know, I have the same damn sound on my 2019..

Now I'm curious if you have this thumping sound too, only happens at low RPMs and in gear.
This sound drove me bat**** crazy on my old 2013 and what do you know, I have the same damn sound on my 2019..

Why didn't I GUESS you were going to ask Vegas that next!

OH, and I [emoji3590] you too man.

Dang man, do you have ears like a rabbit or what? If I started focusing on all the bangs, thuds, squeaks, and whatnot that my truck makes, I don't think I'd be able to sleep at night!

21 - 40 of 151 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.