F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been told it is not too hard to have the cloth seat material removed and leather skins put on instead. Just wondered if anyone has done this, has pics, details, opinions? Or just do a regular seat cover?

·
Registered
7,395 Posts

·
Registered
6,517 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
A buddy did katzkins in his Colorado and they looked and felt really good. Not that cheap ass plastic oem leather

·
Registered
23 Posts
Pics from S4 03-27-14 305.jpg Pics from S4 03-27-14 304.jpg
Here are a few pics. Sorry I took so long. I'm not real good at this. I have nothing against factory leather, but compared to my wife's escape leather, these feel thicker and seem to wear better. I would of ordered factory leather but the dealer recommended this route. Glad he did. I think they are worth the money. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
102 Posts
View attachment 10091 View attachment 10092
Here are a few pics. Sorry I took so long. I'm not real good at this. I have nothing against factory leather, but compared to my wife's escape leather, these feel thicker and seem to wear better. I would of ordered factory leather but the dealer recommended this route. Glad he did. I think they are worth the money. Just my opinion.
Looks great! Did you add the seat warmers as well? I see a switch in that passenger seat.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 on Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes I did. I didn't think I would ever use them but this winter pushed me to my limit. I like em. They have Hi/Low settings.

·
Registered
102 Posts
That's good to hear. Was the install easy? Any concern around damage to your cloth seats?

Did you perform the install yourself for both heat and leather?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 on Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
I must confess, I did not do it myself. I had the local custom shop do it. I think they removed the cloth seats when they put the leather on. I was thrilled at the job they did. They had samples of the leather and a chart that showed you the best match for your interior. Katzkins has recommendations for leather color applications for your truck. It's pretty cool.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think the leather, seat heaters, and installation cost between $1500 and $1800. I can't remember exactly. It was 2 years ago.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts