F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, next week I will be hitting the track to run the 5* and possibly the GH tune....

Although I am no stranger to 4wd launching, Today, I did some launching the 2019 F150 as it is new to me and the tune as well. Seem 2500rpm is the best point so far, but maybe 2700rpm will be the ticket. The 2000rpm boost launched, but took a few precious feet of lag and then she will . At the 2500rpm mark, there is little slight lag, but it hits almost right away. This was all with traction control off and normal driving mode. I will do some other test launches with sport mode and so forth this weekend. Hopefully Wednesday I will hit the track.... I am hoping for cooler weather too, other wise I would have went tonight!!!

Stay tuned, more to come!!! Any suggestions, tips or advice feel free to post?

·
Registered
527 Posts
I launch right around 2700 and it doesn't bog or lag and I get 1.9x 60'. I don't even turn off and of the controls anymore unless the track is not prepped at all. Anything above 3000 and the truck will nosedive and no revs at all will give you a spine tingling 4 second 60' time - don't ask, wasn't my fault.

Can't wait to see your results!!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have probably 200 passes in my time and probably 50-60 in a 4wd from my diesel racing days .... Had a dozen on my 2015 eco boost.so the 10 spd will be different for me but I am sure it will the same...

1.935 was the best 60ft I could get from my 15 eco in my sig.....so I will need to experiment with the sport mods and normal, maybe tow haul as well. Hoping to get a good 5-7 runs the night I go and I hope the temp is cooler.

This one, my 19 and 5* feels stronger, so I am hoping its 1.9 or better. Plus the stock tire and wheels should help the 60ft over my previous 15 with the 305's...

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
I have probably 200 passes in my time and probably 50-60 in a 4wd from my diesel racing days .... Had a dozen on my 2015 eco boost.so the 10 spd will be different for me but I am sure it will the same...

1.935 was the best 60ft I could get from my 15 eco in my sig.....so I will need to experiment with the sport mods and normal, maybe tow haul as well. Hoping to get a good 5-7 runs the night I go and I hope the temp is cooler.

This one, my 19 and 5* feels stronger, so I am hoping its 1.9 or better. Plus the stock tire and wheels should help the 60ft over my previous 15 with the 305's...
You may have mentioned but you got at least one revision for your 5 star tune yeah?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You may have mentioned but you got at least one revision for your 5 star tune yeah?

Sending off the data log, should be here soon..

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man

Weather will be in the mid to upper 90's when the track opens and maybe drop down to the upper 80;s once the sun goes down,,,,

Debating on going or not,,,,,, or making it another week.... i just want to get the base line done ....and I am super interested in finding out what it will run!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Last time I went to the track (about a month ago) it was upper 90s and the DA was 3500 (whatever that really means). Truck ran a best of 14.08 with only tune and Full Race intercooler.
If I didn't mind being back in debt I'd trade up to a 2019 or 2020 and really be happy with how fast they are.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Last time I went to the track (about a month ago) it was upper 90s and the DA was 3500 (whatever that really means). Truck ran a best of 14.08 with only tune and Full Race intercooler.
If I didn't mind being back in debt I'd trade up to a 2019 or 2020 and really be happy with how fast they are.
I might wait another week, weather not cooperating with me....... I agree, so anxious to see what the 19 will pull in the 1/4

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wednesday is looking good for the track....... fingers crossed!!!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally went to the track today, even if it was 90 degrees at the start....

I clearly need some additional data logging..... 58 91 Octane dedicated Performance tune... Got 3 runs in and decided to call it a night. Best run was 13.55 @ 95.67 mph and a 1.798 60ft....

I was expecting a little more....

I ws going to load the GH tune but there was a truck that blew oil all over one of the lanes at the start, so there was going to be a long delay, that is why I called it a night.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
By the way, my 15, with GH adaptive tune on 91 octane ran quicker, see sig....

·
Registered
527 Posts
So you ran a 13.31 with a tune only on your 2015? Best I've gotten was 14.08. I know we're not done but I don't think he's going to push it enough to get another 7/10 out of it.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Finally went to the track today, even if it was 90 degrees at the start....

I clearly need some additional data logging..... 58 91 Octane dedicated Performance tune... Got 3 runs in and decided to call it a night. Best run was 13.55 @ 95.67 mph and a 1.798 60ft....

I was expecting a little more....

I ws going to load the GH tune but there was a truck that blew oil all over one of the lanes at the start, so there was going to be a long delay, that is why I called it a night.
Yup, there was a crazy difference from the first tune they sent me to a couple revisions later

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yup, there was a crazy difference from the first tune they sent me to a couple revisions later

I am hoping so!!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So you ran a 13.31 with a tune only on your 2015? Best I've gotten was 14.08. I know we're not done but I don't think he's going to push it enough to get another 7/10 out of it.

Yes, with the GH adaptive tune, my 15 was a freak........

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
4 Participants
TOWMA8R
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing