F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off i wanna thank Bill over at Stage3 for talking with me about this product and getting me all taken care of. I was worried about this product cuz people said it was too hard to handle, 0-15 psi boost instanty? ect ect ect! NOT TRUE!! LOOK if you punch it, its gna do that, so why would you write a bad review about this product!! if your easy on it, it takes off normal, maybe a little quicker, but your adding HP and TORQUE. WHAT DO YOU EXPECT? haha I got the AFE stage 2 intake and the scocher, i think this combo is awesome! you can hear the intake and turbos good, not to lound and not too quiet! its 4x4 and i have 3.31 gears and 22x11 wheels with 305/45s on it. 45 or 55 i cant member haha, anyways they are 32.5x12 inch tires. my gas mileage went down bout 2.5 mpg when i put this wheel tire combo on, now with the scorcher and intake its gone back up 2 mpg maybe more... well see only got the play with it one day so far...But anyways, so if anyone is wondering about this product, its good to go, it adds power through the whole curve, and if you punch it, its gna go! If people cant handle the power they shouldnt have gotten a tuner that adds more power, lol. i love i can take it off drive a few hundred miles and warrenty work is all good again!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I agree, mine is very drivable for day to day and goes like hell when you need it.

I fou haven't already, don't forget to reset your ecu. Big dif for me when I did.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have also read some bad reviews on this unit, glad to see its Ok - I've been thinking about getting one vs. a custom tune

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree, mine is very drivable for day to day and goes like hell when you need it.

I fou haven't already, don't forget to reset your ecu. Big dif for me when I did.
how do I reset ecu?? just unplug battery for awhile?? cuz I did that when I installed it...or do something else?? thanks!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
how do I reset ecu?? just unplug battery for awhile?? cuz I did that when I installed it...or do something else?? thanks!!
Yup, just unplug the battery.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I love my scorcher!

SPPD

·
Vendor
897 Posts
First off i wanna thank Bill over at Stage3 for talking with me about this product and getting me all taken care of. I was worried about this product cuz people said it was too hard to handle, 0-15 psi boost instanty? ect ect ect! NOT TRUE!! LOOK if you punch it, its gna do that, so why would you write a bad review about this product!! if your easy on it, it takes off normal, maybe a little quicker, but your adding HP and TORQUE. WHAT DO YOU EXPECT? haha I got the AFE stage 2 intake and the scocher, i think this combo is awesome! you can hear the intake and turbos good, not to lound and not too quiet! its 4x4 and i have 3.31 gears and 22x11 wheels with 305/45s on it. 45 or 55 i cant member haha, anyways they are 32.5x12 inch tires. my gas mileage went down bout 2.5 mpg when i put this wheel tire combo on, now with the scorcher and intake its gone back up 2 mpg maybe more... well see only got the play with it one day so far...But anyways, so if anyone is wondering about this product, its good to go, it adds power through the whole curve, and if you punch it, its gna go! If people cant handle the power they shouldnt have gotten a tuner that adds more power, lol. i love i can take it off drive a few hundred miles and warrenty work is all good again!

Thanks!

·
Registered
118 Posts
What kind of torque increase are people seeing?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Are we sure this system does NOT leave a "foot print" on the ECU? I have not be able to find any documentation that it does NOT do this. Have I missed something that says it does not for a fact leave a "footprint" on the ECU that Ford can find.

Don't get me wrong...I am not being a hater but that is kind of important at least to me. It is a great idea in concept.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Are we sure this system does NOT leave a "foot print" on the ECU? I have not be able to find any documentation that it does NOT do this. Have I missed something that says it does not for a fact leave a "footprint" on the ECU that Ford can find.

Don't get me wrong...I am not being a hater but that is kind of important at least to me. It is a great idea in concept.
All it does is modify the boost signal from the sensors under the hood. It takes the actual boost pressure reading into the unit and retards it by 2lbs. This tricks the computer into applying 2 more lbs of boost.

No footprint because it doesn't change any of the programing in the computer. It just tricks the existing programming into applying 2 more psi.

I wish I knew more of the technical jargon, but I understand it better than I can explain it.

SPPD

·
Registered
868 Posts
i agree that they do what they claim to do and make some impressive power gains across the powerband !
i however sent mine back because i didnt like it blowing off the BOV when i was driving sensibly at 4am in the morning on the way to work
i live in a very mountainous area and drive several on the way to work.
i didnt like how it acted but that was me and im sure others would be happy with it.
also if i had some miles and wear on my turbos im sure it would be different if their efficiency was down a little bit.
it was just to much to soon for my driving situation

·
Registered
339 Posts
All it does is modify the boost signal from the sensors under the hood. It takes the actual boost pressure reading into the unit and retards it by 2lbs. This tricks the computer into applying 2 more lbs of boost.

No footprint because it doesn't change any of the programing in the computer. It just tricks the existing programming into applying 2 more psi.

I wish I knew more of the technical jargon, but I understand it better than I can explain it.

SPPD

Thanks for that update; however Ford can "see" if you will, the turbos are going out of OEM boost range by downloading history from the ECU. I guess that is what I meant by "foot print". What does this do to the BOV and how would this affect the tranny shifting not to mention potential "codes" thrown. Those are all questions I would have since all this is interrelated. Again, not trying to be a hater as I am really intrigued by this product. It is really much "safer" than a canned tune as far as the dealer is concerned as I would assume this can be removed in a matter of minutes. I am potential customer I just need to know a bit more and see how this impacts the overall operation of the vehicle and if there is any information "left" for the ECU to identify.

·
Registered
868 Posts
i watched my install for 4 days with a handheld scanner and had no codes recorded for anything.
as far as safer than a tuner my opinion is yes because you are not overwriting any parameters that the factory has set and the boost controller still retards timing under load like it would normally.
it does take literally 3 min to plug in or unplug of course it takes a couple more min to route wires in a safe place to keep them from rubbing or being cut on something.

im sure if ford hooked up their computers and looked at everything a skilled tech would see some anomaly whether it be a strange exhaust gas temp or pressure reading from something but when someone refers to a footprint they are talking about a changed parameter or reflashed ECU
all the scorcher does is modify the signal from the TMAP sensor to the controller which allows more boost sooner with an additional 2psi at the top of its range

i cant really say much more than that but the ECU has no way of knowing that the scorcher is installed

·
Registered
339 Posts
Really interested in this concept. You folks that have them please keep us appraised on performance as you roll up the mileage. Thanks...

·
Registered
5 Posts
2013 Lariat....

I have a 2013 Screw Lariat, with 4" Hearthrob Catback, Afe StageII Magnum CAI, AFE Silver Bullet Throttle Boby Spacer, Afe Bladerunner Charge pipe, Edge Evolution CTS Tuner, and AFE Schorcher Mod. I removed the Schorcher Mod, as I have more boost without it, by adding the tuner, they say you can stack, but it doesn't work with this combo, so I have a Schorcher mod if anyone wants one? Cheap! It worked well, gaining about 2 lbs boost without the tuner, but I now get 17-18 lbs boost, and do 0-60 in 5.2 seconds! Not bad for a almost 8000 lb pickup!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
From what I hear it throws codes by running too lean. . .
Been running mine for about 2000 miles and never had a single code.

SPPD

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Uh oh....on way back from Dallas right now and a code just threw....I have a feeling it's the scorcher......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Was the motor knocking? Let us know what the code was and how you're doing.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts