F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

2121 - 2140 of 2154 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
I usually calculate using Imperial Measurements. Was getting a pretty consistent 20.5-21 Imperial MPG+, but with cooler weather, it has dropped. The worst has been 15.5 L/100 kilometers, around 18.2 mpg Imperial, which is about 15.2 MPG in US gallon conversion. The best has been about 13 liters/ 100 km which converts to about 18.1 MPG U.S Gallon, or 21.7 Imperial.

My average is usually around 13.4 l/100 km, 17.6 MPG US/ or 21.0 Imperial MPG. I think I am doing pretty good if I can keep it above 20 imperial MPG.

I have a 2018 F150 3.5 Ecoboost, Supercrew, 302A 4X4 Sport with the 6.5 foot box, maxtow pkg. It is 100% stock with the LT275/65R18 tires. It has the 3.55 gears

From Saskatchewan Canada, not much elevation changes, around 2000 (+- 100) feet above sea level

not sure how most of you seem to get better fuel economy south of the border. All my calculations have been empty, haven't towed anything yet or hauled anything more than an ATV in the box.
I have essentially the same truck: Platinum trim and 5.5' bed with a tonneau, 3.5EB, max tow.. My mileage matches yours: 15-16 to and from work, which is about 50% city stop-and-go driving. A high of 18.7 on mostly highway at 55-60 mph. Drops precipitously if I drive faster. It is what it is.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
146 Posts
2018 Lariat SuperCrew with the 3.5L Ecoboost and 3.55 gears - just drove from east side of Baton Rouge (far side) to downtown Houston this afternoon. Hit a couple areas of traffic on I-10 and also the two city stretches, of course. This was my first real road trip, as my truck had 950 miles on it when I set off. Just got the oil changed for the first time at 900mi. I've also got an Extang Solid Fold 2.0 bed cover on the bed for the trip (bed is filled with suitcases). 4 people in the truck (two adults and two kids with carseats).

I got 23.7 combined average (from my driveway to the hotel) with the cruise set on 79 mph whenever traffic allowed. Can't complain about that...
I finished the trip this afternoon by returning to my home in Baton Rouge. I did some moderate city driving in Houston... to and from the hotel, in-laws, parade downtown, museum, parks, etc. The final verdict... 21.8 MPG combined average. Cruise was set between 77-83 on I-10 on the way home. I didn't fill up the entire trip, other than when I originally left Baton Rouge. Still had about a 1/4 tank of gas left, good for approximately 111 miles remaining. I had already driven 613.6 miles on the tank. I was in Normal Mode the whole time (stayed out of Sport and Eco). 1,581 miles on the truck now... so far, so good. Really enjoying it. Gas mileage should improve slightly as it breaks in, huh?

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
Forgot if imalready posted, probably did. Mine in sig below is lifetime at 19.7, about 3,000 towing 6,000 pound travel trailer busting through wind, about 40% city, rest highway. I happy boy.

·
Administrator
7,725 Posts
Trip from Omaha, NE to Grandby Ranch, CO (north of Winter Park). Slight headwind (3-5mph) on the trip out and 10 mph headwind on the way back. Along with driving through the mountains and using 4 wheel drive for at least 20 miles a day to get from our cabin to the ski resort. This truck is unbelievable!!

·
Registered
975 Posts
Found this pic I took awhile ago on my trucks hwy mpgs..

No purpose to this post, other than I found this pic I took after a round trip from Puyallup WA to Santa Cruz CA and back. I still get this kind of mpg's with over 75,000 miles on the truck doing all hwy miles to this day.. Sure, it's less on my daily commute, but just bragging a bit I guess.. :)

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I pretty much can do this too at 47k right now. But I got to admit I got to drive like grandpa. I like the miles to empty while traveling.

1B490D85-660A-4414-B0C6-5BB8AE563C80.jpeg C66A8CCF-8CD3-4FDD-9207-0F5271958889.jpeg

·
Registered
223 Posts
Only getting 16 mpg highway. Drove 87-90 for about 2 hours. Freaking love this truck lol. Eco or boost- no in between

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello everyone. I am new to the Ecoboost platform. Picked up a used 2013 XLT, 4x4, 3.5 EB, SCrew with 90K miles. From what I can tell it is bone stock. I'm still reading through all 213 pages and over 2K posts, but I am not seeing anywhere near the numbers I've read so far. My MPG is is around 14.5 daily (35-45 mph, 20 min, no stop/go), my highway isn't much better around 15-16 (trying to limit max speed to 65) and towing my 33' Travel Trailer I get about 7.5 (about what I expected from a gasser). I enjoy googling forums such as this when I have issues with vehicles but seldom post (there seems to be a forum for everything these days).

So far I have changed the oil from dealer crap to full synthetic (have done 2x now), and replaced the spark plugs with the Motorcraft WR6135 from Rock Auto. The old plugs were worn to around .040 according to my gauge and the new ones went in with around .030 (give or take). I plan on changing differential fluid out for some royal purple or amsoil in the near future.

edit: Axle Code L9: 3.55 with electronic lock

·
Registered
34 Posts
Got a 2011 FX4 SCrew 5.5ft bed with 135k, camper shell, 33in tires (speedo adjusted and dialed in) and a 2in leveling kit... had 17/18 city and 21(27 once!) hwy mpg when new off the lot, after some miles and mods... running stock tune and 87 octane E10, my average mpg sat consistently between 12.7 and 13.5 depending on whether I did too much hwy time pushing 80+mph. I'd see temporary improvements after replacing plugs but after not much time would be right back to the same.

About a month ago, I replaced plugs and boots... drilled the CAC hole (also pulled the intercooler to properly clean-out sludge) while removing the TSB baffle from intercooler... dropped in an Airaid synthaflow filter into factory box and started running 91 octane with a 91+ tow/haul tune (Edge Evolution CST, nothing custom)

After all that, now I'm seeing 16.5 and if I try can easily keep it up to 17.5... whats interesting is that at 80mph highway speeds I no longer watch the tenths tick off of my average. For the first few fillups I calculated economy manually and the computer was spot on so I trust its accurate.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hello everyone. I am new to the Ecoboost platform. Picked up a used 2013 XLT, 4x4, 3.5 EB, SCrew with 90K miles. From what I can tell it is bone stock. I'm still reading through all 213 pages and over 2K posts, but I am not seeing anywhere near the numbers I've read so far. My MPG is is around 14.5 daily (35-45 mph, 20 min, no stop/go), my highway isn't much better around 15-16 (trying to limit max speed to 65) and towing my 33' Travel Trailer I get about 7.5 (about what I expected from a gasser). I enjoy googling forums such as this when I have issues with vehicles but seldom post (there seems to be a forum for everything these days).

So far I have changed the oil from dealer crap to full synthetic (have done 2x now), and replaced the spark plugs with the Motorcraft WR6135 from Rock Auto. The old plugs were worn to around .040 according to my gauge and the new ones went in with around .030 (give or take). I plan on changing differential fluid out for some royal purple or amsoil in the near future.

edit: Axle Code L9: 3.55 with electronic lock
You can also try to clean the map sensors and perform a KAM reset and relearn. That and running 91 octane helped improve my mileage some on my '13.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I live in a canyon and a drive to town at 55 mph gets me 24 mpg. But that’s driving it like an eggs under my foot.
Towed a camper last summer and only got 12.4 mpg.
I have a 16 3.5 ecoboost....

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am looking at buying my third F-150 Eco boost. both past have been 3.5EB engines . I am thinking about the 2.7eb in a lariat RWD as for me 4WD is not something I need. anyoun on here have a 2.7EB? How do you like it?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
Lots of 2.7's here on the forum.

Just in my closest family fleet we have 4 Gen2 3.5's and currently 2 2.7's. (both 2016)

One of the 2.7's did get a new oil pan at about 20,000 miles when the dealership noticed the leak during an oil change. The other has never seen the dealership and is about 50,000-60,000 miles on it.

I towed my midsized RV all over the country with one. I love that little motor.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Recently bought a 2016 XLT 2.7EB Supercrew 4x4, with 61,570 miles when I got it. Nicely broken in you could say lol.

First tank 20.1 mpg, 2nd tank, 20.3, third tank 22.2. Mixture of commute to work which is mostly highway 72 mph, and some around town driving (30-50mph). Very impressed so far.

I've done the mileage computer adjustment via Engineer Mode in the gauge. Last tank calculated was actually better than computer mileage, so will tweak it a bit once i get some more tankfulls under my belt. First couple of tanks were 7% optimistic on the mileage computer, which I adjusted to 927 (from 1000).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Engineer Mode adjustment

I wish everyone would reveal if they are using calculated mpg or computer mpg. Some of the posted mpgs are so high as make me wonder. My new truck overall computed mpg is is 18.0 but my calculated is 16.5. Will see if additional mileage brings an increase in mpg. Hoping the dealer did not fill the tank 100% on initial purchase. I'll do an engineer Mode adjustment when I get some more miles on the truck.

Recently bought a 2016 XLT 2.7EB Supercrew 4x4, with 61,570 miles when I got it. Nicely broken in you could say lol.

First tank 20.1 mpg, 2nd tank, 20.3, third tank 22.2. Mixture of commute to work which is mostly highway 72 mph, and some around town driving (30-50mph). Very impressed so far.

I've done the mileage computer adjustment via Engineer Mode in the gauge. Last tank calculated was actually better than computer mileage, so will tweak it a bit once i get some more tankfulls under my belt. First couple of tanks were 7% optimistic on the mileage computer, which I adjusted to 927 (from 1000).

·
Registered
146 Posts
Drove from Houston to Baton Rouge on I-10 this weekend. Averaged between 75-85 with the vast majority around 79. I was in Normal drive mode (don't think that makes much difference on the highway) and I drove smoothly (no high-boost passes or a lot of braking and accelerating). I got 24.9MPG according to the computer. 2018 3.5L Ecoboost with 10-speed. Truck was loaded down with family suitcases and four people (including a 2 year old and a 6 year old). I do have a hard bedcover on the bed. I use 93 octane.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I track every fill up and every service record in my phone.

My average over the lifetime of the truck is 18.9mpg. You can see where my average dropped when I lifted it and got larger tires.

The big anomaly about 2/3 from the left was a cross country trip. I was unloaded most of the way, then picked up a trailer, then unloaded it before my trip back.

My truck is a 2016 XLT 2.7L CrewCab

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
9,483 Posts
Right now I live about 5 miles from work, and have quite a few stops and starts between here and there. I'm pretty disappointed with the 2.7 here to be honest. I get 17-18 under these conditions. I know that's by no means bad for a CC 4x4, but it's not fantastic.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
First off cue the Toby Keith song..."I love this bar">but sub Boost for bar!-lol
Took the Boost on a roadie without the TT :frown:....to Laguna Beach from Phoenix.
Filled up with 87 octane on the 5* 87 p/t (at least 6 revisions-lol)
$86 bucks roughly to fill 36gal tank.
Pasted all AZ & Cali gas stations in route with said 1 tank of fuel, as well as arriving in Cali with more than a 1/4++ tank!!! :grin:
Average 19mpg @ cruise controlled / 71mph (wife was with me....)

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

2121 - 2140 of 2154 Posts
About this Discussion
2.2K Replies
702 Participants
Gene
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing