F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

2181 - 2192 of 2192 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
My miles to empty on a full tank is never more than 515 or 520 usually 485 MTE. Big tank 32 or 36 gallon? I like the truck but disappointed in gas mileage. Hardly no sitting in traffic, most highway miles

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
My miles to empty on a full tank is never more than 515 or 520 usually 485 MTE. Big tank 32 or 36 gallon? I like the truck but disappointed in gas mileage. Hardly no sitting in traffic, most highway miles

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
36 gallon tank with the max tow package. I dislike the hit to the wallet when filling up but when I start the truck and see numbers like 723 miles-to-empty I forget about the cost to refuel.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Who drives in “Eco” mode...geesh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Even though I've owned the truck for a year, in many ways it is still new to me.

I put 1,100 highway miles on it the first day that I bought it by driving 17 hrs from Chicago to Texas last December. So really, I've only put 7k miles on the truck in the last 12 months.

I still drive it like its new and explore the various drive modes when I can.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Can I ask what you mean by that?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
The 2018 F150 has 5 Selectable Driving Modes:
  • Normal
  • Tow Haul
  • Snow/Wet
  • Ecoselect
  • Sport

·
Premium Member
5,054 Posts
I just meant "like it's new"

Mine is a couple of years old now and I still use various modes, mostly Sport, every time I'm in it. So technically, I still drive it like I did when it was new.

Obviously I was just wondering if "like it was new" was similar to "breaking it in"

Something that the small slice of data that this site represents seems to indicate that it's likely not the best way to drive it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just meant "like it's new"

Mine is a couple of years old now and I still use various modes, mostly Sport, every time I'm in it. So technically, I still drive it like I did when it was new.

Obviously I was just wondering if "like it was new" was similar to "breaking it in"

Something that the small slice of data that this site represents seems to indicate that it's likely not the best way to drive it?

Not really a "break-in" period.

I have a take home, company truck that I drive for work. When I run errands on the weekend, we usually take my girlfriends car. So my F150 only gets driven a couple times a month. It feels like a new truck to me since I rarely get to use it. And since my company truck is a Chevy, every time I drive my F150 I have to relearn where buttons and knobs are. :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,054 Posts
Not really a "break-in" period.

I have a take home, company truck that I drive for work. When I run errands on the weekend, we usually take my girlfriends car. So my F150 only gets driven a couple times a month. It feels like a new truck to me since I rarely get to use it. And since my company truck is a Chevy, every time I drive my F150 I have to relearn where buttons and knobs are. :cool:
Ahhhh, understood!

Although mine is now 25 months of ownership, I too only use the truck sparingly. It's primary purpose is as the tow vehicle for an RV. And the majority of its 29,000 miles are those adventure miles.

But I didn't travel this year as I normally do so the truck has sat far more than last year.

I do use it in foul weather or for multipassenger purposes though.

And much like you pointed out, it's like getting into a BRAND new truck every time I do. I love that about it, since if it were a daily driver it would inevitably dilute that aspect.

We both have advantages of extending the honeymoon period of truck ownership!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Two 700 miles round trips from Flagstaff to Sierra Vista, AZ involving a fair amount of hills/mountains. Bone stock 2018 FX4 with STX package and 20" wheels. About 8000

Trip 1: 21 mpg
Trip 2: 19.5 mpg

Trip 1 was driven fairly conservatively with barely any wind/headwind. 75-77 mph average
Trip 2 had considerable head winds so I just drove my normal style..set cruise at 80 and passing occasionally.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a question for anyone that knows. I will get my ecoboost tomorrow for the first time. Has anyone tried super premium gas ? I was told by someone that has one . It really improved the gas mpg. Has anyone else seen the same result?
We did a long road trip from Oregon across Montana, and S. Dakota...It was pretty obvious when we hit Wyoming that we were pumping "real gas" into it and got up to 24mpg towing a small box trailer, and dropped with E10. I normally run the mid-grade top tier gas here in Western Oregon with around 18 mpg highway and 14mpg around town. It's a hard fact that ethanol does not have as many BTU's per gallon (around 75,000)as straight gasoline (around 150,000), so I don't think running super premium will help your mileage.

·
Registered
37 Posts
2018 XLT SCAB 2WD 2.7EB 3.73 Axle All stock No bed cover Currently 18,853 miles
22.41 mpg lifetime non-towing average Best 25.74 Worst 19.36
I have hand calculated every tankful since I bought the truck new 6/18. I usually have "stuff" in the bed as I only use my truck when I need a truck. Most of these miles are trips to and from a lake house (270 miles round trip) that is 80% 4 lane divided highway (not interstate) where I run 65-75mph depending on what "my little friend" alerts me to (electronic counter measures are not permitted here in Virginia, but they play their game, I play mine).
I notate my notes when I'm towing. Towing a 4'x8' or 5'x10' utility trailer drops my average mileage down to 21.5. Towing a car trailer (open, not enclosed) drops to 18.3 average, with a low of 16.5
I definitely avoid "jack rabbit" starts, but I do not hesitate letting the little EB exercise its lungs. I've hit the 105 rev limiter many times
I usually run Sunoco non-ethanol 91 octane as there is a station near the lake house that sells it for 20-30 cents more than E10 regular

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
What does "eco" mode do anyway? Is there some virtual wife that appears in the passenger seat and yells at you for stomping on the gas?

2181 - 2192 of 2192 Posts