F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I currently have a 2014 F-150 FX4. I am looking to install a Bajakit Long travel suspension kit on the truck this winter. Now everything that I have read so far and even the answers I received from the company is that front end will be 4.5" wider. The only way to make the rear end match is to get a different rear end. What rear end would be a good fit with the truck to be able to make the rear stance wide enough to closely match the front? I appreciate any feedback!

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
I would think a good machine shop could widen your factory rear end and then you would only need longer axles...

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Should bolt right up, you may have to regear if you're 4wd though.

I'm installing a mid-travel setup on mine in a few days, but I'm planning on keeping the staggered width.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay awesome! Right now I am getting a quote from VWWORKS with there F-150 predator body kit. Then will be turning to bajakits by Brenthal for the Long Travel.

Sent from my iPad using F150 EcoBoost

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Nice! my setup is mostly OEM raptor with a few key upgrades. i'll be doing the fiberwerx fenders and a wrap too.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Ok, I'll bite on this...

Why exactly do you want the rear to be wider? Steering geometries on LT kits are built with the intention of the track width in the front being wider than in the rear. Also, I hope you are including new glass in your budget. But if you are doing the full 4x4 LT kit from Brenthel, perhaps budget is not an issue?

Reactions: jsm11

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I was also going to comment about this.
As a general statement, front track is normally wider by intent.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
It's wider, the raptor has nearly identical F/R track widths.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have already taken in account of new glass, engine mods, wheels, full body wrap, and yes I have spoken with Brenthal and they mentioned having a wider rear end to match front will be perfectly fine.

Sent from my iPad using F150 EcoBoost

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.