F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2018 F150 3.5 ecoboost - SuperCrew 6.5ft bed with Max Tow and FX4 packages
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
If anyone else has blocks removed and or shackles... I would love to see some pics if you have any. @Sadz when you end up getting the work done I definitely would like to see the outcome!

·
Registered
125 Posts
finally got around to removing the blocks, from front to back it measures the same, I had it loaded up Friday for a trip to camp and she dropped on the rear fired up the bags and leveled her out, love it and got tires and rims coming this week
Leveled Truck.jpg

·
Registered
2018 F150 3.5 ecoboost - SuperCrew 6.5ft bed with Max Tow and FX4 packages
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
finally got around to removing the blocks, from front to back it measures the same, I had it loaded up Friday for a trip to camp and she dropped on the rear fired up the bags and leveled her out, love it and got tires and rims coming this week
View attachment 172964
Looks great! I'm biased, but I love the long bed. Can't wait to see the wheels :geek:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Looks great! I'm biased, but I love the long bed. Can't wait to see the wheels :geek:
thanks, me to I love my long bed, I'll post some pics when i get on the truck

·
Registered
2020 F-150 STX 4x4 Supercab
147 Posts
Question…..

I’ve been thinking about removing the rear blocks BUT what about the change in pinion angle. Would it be enough to affect the “u” joints??

·
Registered
125 Posts
from what I was told you would have to drop it around 3 to 4 inches to affect the pinion angle and along with that is should not affect the "u" joints either,

·
Registered
125 Posts
finally the rims came in

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown
9,449 Posts
View attachment 172964
I didn't ever see myself doing it, but I think I might take this approach this time around.

I STILL want super high quality damping and not sacrifice any of my towing capabilities, but instead of leveling the truck up front, drop the back instead.

Basically I might skip the whole tall tire approach, is really what I'm saying. I need to find some appropriate sized Load E tires to fill the gap of an un-raised truck.

Your latest pic update looks fantastic!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have the HDPP with the mid level tow package and can’t stand how high mine sits in the rear (or in the front if I’m completely honest) but how would removing the blocks affect any of the payload or towing capacities? Also how is it done? Are there any pictorials detailing the procedure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
125 Posts
I didn't ever see myself doing it, but I think I might take this approach this time around.

I STILL want super high quality damping and not sacrifice any of my towing capabilities, but instead of leveling the truck up front, drop the back instead.

Basically I might skip the whole tall tire approach, is really what I'm saying. I need to find some appropriate sized Load E tires to fill the gap of an un-raised truck.

Your latest pic update looks fantastic!

the main reason I did it and did not have to sacrifice towing or payload is because of the air bags, we went on vac. and I had the back stacked from floor to the top I'm talking 2 big coolers filled with food, we had all our alcohol, soda, water, all out beach stuff, you get the picture and it dropped about 2'' blew up the bags to 50lbs and levered her out (I have not towed yet), I'm the same way I did not want to raise the front and wanted the back lowered, our yard manger has an '19 F-150 and he did it and I followed suit very easy to do, here's the tires I put on Michelin LTX AT 2 285/55R20 love them I have around 40k on and still have plenty of tread
good luck on your decision it took me 12 month to make my decision, thanks by the way

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have the HDPP with the mid level tow package and can’t stand how high mine sits in the rear (or in the front if I’m completely honest) but how would removing the blocks affect any of the payload or towing capacities? Also how is it done? Are there any pictorials detailing the procedure?

I don't know that it takes away from your towing capabilities, taking out the blocks only lowers it so if you hook a trailer to it, it will still drop or sag, for me personally I wouldn't do it unless you have air bags, WDH, or maybe a set of sumo springs (if you tow a lot) JMHO, sorry I don't have any pictures but it very simple to do

·
Registered
125 Posts
Dang it dude... you are going to make me buy the wheels I've been wanting 😆 Looks absoluitely killer.
thanks
I really love the stance, hey you only live once get the rims and call it a day

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown
9,449 Posts
I have the HDPP with the mid level tow package

Is that possible?
I know you can get Max Tow without HDPP, but I thought you could not get HDPP without getting MaxTow. The configuration automatically adds it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I bought the truck used but here is a photo of a copy of the window sticker…

And the door sticker…

21 - 40 of 48 Posts