F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 f150 4×4 EcoBoost with electronic parking. I'm installing power stop rotors and ceramic pads on truck. I put the electronic parking brake in maintenance mode by pressing gas pedal while pushing brake button forward. It said it is in maintenance mode on dash display.
I already changed the front rotors and pads. . I opened the cap on fluid reservoir and SLOWLY compressed piston with c-clamp. I'm just not sure on the rear.
Do I have to turn the piston before I compress it in with c-clamp? I have read where some people say yes and others say no.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Ecoxlt. I have watched 20 youtube videos and half say rotate and the other half say just push piston in.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Thanks Ecoxlt. I have watched 20 youtube videos and half say rotate and the other half say just push piston in.
I would imagine that service mode automatically retracts the pistons.
FYI, any calipers that have the parking brake built in usually have to be turned, not pushed in.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
FYI at minimum when you push the pistons back into the caliper, you want to crack the bleeder valve so not all the old dirty fluid is pushed back up towards ABS. The best bet is to crack the valve and run a sucker tool on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts