F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone! My truck was in a small fender bender yesterday much to my dismay. Really can't tell much on the black painted bumper, except that the impact bent down the whole bumper itself a few degrees, creating a nice like 1-2" gap between the bumper and the tailgate... Will post a picture later, but before I go in and get it looked at, go through the whole insurance dog and pony show, want to see if anyone else had experience with this and any lessons learned!? Don't want to get in a situation where the dealership/body shop misses something, bent frame where bumper connects, etc. where I have to go back and try to fight for more money to fix it properly. Right now I am assuming a complete new rear bumper and not much else, but let me know any thoughts! Thanks!

·
Registered
5,953 Posts
Was the trailer hitch bent, assuming you have one?

Reactions: Eco-Mica

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was the trailer hitch bent, assuming you have one?
Doesn't appear bent in any way just looking at it.... I will attach my hitch later too and make sure it still goes in and out just fine.... some pics for reference on the bumper.... Can see that gap that is now predominant that wasn't there before (or at least so large) and on the passenger side you can see where it doesn't line up well with the rest of the body where it is flush on the drivers side....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
5,953 Posts
If it truely is just the bumper i would take it to a shop and see what they say. I just had a dent fixed from someone doing a hit and run in a parking lot. It was cheaper to have the shop fix it vs going through insurance and having to pay the deductible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts