F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently put a 2in AS kit in the front of my fx4 which left me about 3/4 in high in the front. From what I've read, I'm thinking I want to put raptor blocks on. Please correct me if I'm wrong here, but the stock block is 1 1/4" and the raptor tapers from 2 1/2" to 2 5/8" increasing the rear approx 1 1/4". which should leave me with about 1/2" rake yes?

I called my ford dealer just to get new pricing on what I believe are the right parts.

AL3Z5598A - $100.97
AL3Z5598B - $100.87
AL3z5705A - (4) at 25.04ea

Are there part numbers still correct?? That pricing seems outrageous to me.

·
Registered
7,415 Posts
You did not put a 2" level in the front if you had you would be sitting perfectly level. Sounds to me like you actually have a 3" kit up front. Buy yes putting the raptor blocks in should pretty much sit level to 1/2" high in the back.

$300 is a lot but those blocks are tapered for pinion angle.

I have a true 2" level up front which is actually only a 1 1/4-3/8" spacer on the strut not a 2". This left me perfectly level front to back. So I stacked 1" blocks on top of the stock 1 1/4" blocks and now sit 1" high in the rear for a nice stance.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Hi guys,

I installed the Quicklifts in the front and went from 37" from ground to wheel wells to 39". I have the stock Platinum wheel/tire setup. My stock rear block was 1.25" although the measurement from groud to wheel well in the back was 38.5" stock. I made sure all tires were at the same psi and the ground was dead nuts level according to my 8' level. Full tank of gas... So I installed the Truxxx#105016 2" rear replacement block and now have 1/2" of rake with is hard to tell from looking at it from the side. What really pissed me off about the front higher than the rear is that the shitty door detents would not hold the front door open! So 3/4" thicker block gave me 1" of actual lift in the rear. Here is the link to my thread is you haven't seen it. This is a pre-level pic. I need to update the post with after pics. http://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/2...24-2013-platinum-getting-truxxx-105016-a.html

Did you take dimensions before and after the front lift?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I took dimensions. For the fx4, a 1.5" spacer is supposed to level it. I was well aware that I was going to be high in the front after installing the 2". I've heard mixed results on the amount of lift ppl were getting with the spacers. I ened up with 2 1/4" in front lift out of my 2" spacer. I wanted to get a measurement after the front to help decide what size block for the rear.

The tapered raptor block seems like a better option than say a square aluminum block I've seen from other places.

Reactions: mikemetz82

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
AS AAL in the rear would work too. If I put in an icon 3" kit I'll add the raptor blocks ontop of the AS AAL.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can anyone confirm the part numbers I've posted??

Or tell me what the diff is between these:
9L3Z-5705-C Leaf Spring Bolt (w/4WD All) $20.27
AL3Z-5705-A Leaf Spring Bolt $25.04

Also I'm assuming these are the U Bolt Nuts??
W715654-S439

Also will I need the 1* or 2* shims that are also listed?

I debated an AAL but they advertise up to 2" of lift and i wasn't looking for that much. Not to mention that I don't tow often enough to warrant stiffening up theride.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts