F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am almost certain my rear window windows use to roll always down in the back. I have a crew cab. Yesterday I knowtice they only roll half way down? Only thing I changed is the tune and had door warranty thing done. Anyone know how to fix this?,

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2017 XLT has the same problem. I know the rear windows use to roll all the way down. After I took it in for the door recall, they don't roll down all the way anymore. There has to be an easy fix.

·
Registered
919 Posts
LONG SHOT HERE.

Is there a child lock on the back door so it cannot be oped from the inside? I know they did not used to be electrical but maybe if the switch is on the window only rolls down half way.

Again, long shot since I'm too lazy to check the owners manual or go out and try it on my own truck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
LONG SHOT HERE.

Is there a child lock on the back door so it cannot be oped from the inside? I know they did not used to be electrical but maybe if the switch is on the window only rolls down half way.

Again, long shot since I'm too lazy to check the owners manual or go out and try it on my own truck.
Tried the child locks and no luck. Nothing about it in the owners manual, Thanks for the reply

·
Moderstrator
3,346 Posts
You haven’t by chance change the rear speakers?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Mine roll all the way down. Have never had the door lock recall done... now maybe I never will.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I am almost certain my rear window windows use to roll always down in the back. I have a crew cab. Yesterday I knowtice they only roll half way down? Only thing I changed is the tune and had door warranty thing done. Anyone know how to fix this?,
My 2017 XLT has the same problem. I know the rear windows use to roll all the way down. After I took it in for the door recall, they don't roll down all the way anymore. There has to be an easy fix.
Maybe you guys should contact the dealer that did the warranty/recall. They may have miffed the procedure and caused unexpected results.

·
Administrator
7,862 Posts
Maybe you guys should contact the dealer that did the warranty/recall. They may have miffed the procedure and caused unexpected results.
Don't be coming in here with your logical reasoning, that isn't allowed on .net!!

(sarcasm)

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I'm bring up an old thread because this problem got under my skin. Just traded my 05 F350 in for a 2017 F150 crew cab XL with the STX package. The rear windows only went down about 8 in or so, my poor dog couldn't stick her head out the window. I asked the dealership and they told me the windows should go down all the way, sounds like some sort of child safety system was engaged. I look on line no answer, looked in the manual no answer, no setting in the truck changed the situation. As I roll the window down when it stops it tilts forward, so I took the door apart and there's a plastic cover over the door lock assy. that also covers the lower window track. I took that out, cut off the part that covers the window track and reinstalled. Now the window goes all the way down. Took about 30 min to do both doors. I just wanted to post a fix to the problem for others since no one has posted anything about it yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I'm bring up an old thread because this problem got under my skin. Just traded my 05 F350 in for a 2017 F150 crew cab XL with the STX package. The rear windows only went down about 8 in or so, my poor dog couldn't stick her head out the window. I asked the dealership and they told me the windows should go down all the way, sounds like some sort of child safety system was engaged. I look on line no answer, looked in the manual no answer, no setting in the truck changed the situation. As I roll the window down when it stops it tilts forward, so I took the door apart and there's a plastic cover over the door lock assy. that also covers the lower window track. I took that out, cut off the part that covers the window track and reinstalled. Now the window goes all the way down. Took about 30 min to do both doors. I just wanted to post a fix to the problem for others since no one has posted anything about it yet.
Can you post a pic of what you cut off and location. Truck is at dealer now and they say it should go all the way down. They have no idea why it stops.

Thanks

·
Registered
209 Posts
Sounds like they are installing a cover as part of the door recall correction procedure and that is having unforseen consequences.

I'm going to go check mine now. They definitely used to roll all the way down and I too just had that recall done...haven't paid attention since then.

* just checked. Mine still go all the way down.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts