F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 14 3.5 did something crazy and shifted to first gear while driving at 45mph and then couldnt find what gear it wanted to shift in to. Slow rolled in neutral and shut the truck off. Started it up put it in drive and had no power like it was stuck in a higher gear. Switched to manual and tried shifting through the gears that way and it ran fine. Currently at the shop. I know the lead frame/trans issue recall was for 2011 to 2013 models built before Oct 28 2013 but my 14 was built in the year 2013 in september. Ford was telling me it did not include my pickup. And does anybody have an area to start looking into? Any help would be great. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,089 Posts
It's irritating that you know you have the same 6R80 transmission with the SAME defect (lead frame), but the decision makers take the stance that the admitted defect doesn't apply to your truck.

Crazy.

I'm just glad to hear that you didn't have a wreck.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Reactions: TurboGT

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's irritating that you know you have the same 6R80 transmission with the SAME defect (lead frame), but the decision makers take the stance that the admitted defect doesn't apply to your truck.

Crazy.

Yea they want off year on the vin. Not build date which was 9/13. Within all the recalls. Trying to save labor I suppose.

·
Registered
72 Posts
my 2013 locked up from 5th to 1st on the freeway, was not covered under factory warranty (until later), but I had an extended warranty. I would raise a fuss if I was you, and also post to NHTSA site about the incident.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
That's interesting on the build date compared to the model year of the truck.. I say that because my F150 is a "2013" model year truck with a build date showing "10/13". I got the letter in the mail from Ford for the recall fix and took it to a dealer and they did whatever they do. This was probably over a year ago I think?

Good luck! Mitch

Reactions: TurboGT

·
Registered
7 Posts

Crazy.

what truck does it apply to? Im having troubles with my 2018!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts