F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a brief search, but didn't find anything about this issue....not exactly a problem. First of all, I must say I do not have climate control on my F 150. However, at certain times of the year, my recirculation button lights up on its own. I suppose it does this when it's pretty hot and humid outside? Since it started on its own, will it revert to fresh air after a period of time? Sometimes, I think my truck has a mind of its own. lol

·
Registered
59 Posts
Lol
Like this? No climate control but does the recirculation button light up by itself? Maybe something happened to your truck computer. Maybe it's just a light bulb? Which just burns but does nothing

·
Registered
509 Posts
Mine does it too from time to time. I think when you turn the ac on, set it to the lowest temp, and the interior cabin temp is high like on a hot day the truck will turn on recirc to help cool the cabin faster as the outside temp is too high and the truck isn't producing cold air yet.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Do you have it on Max A/C? That will do it.

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Max a/c will yes, but it also does it on its own. MIne does it on it's own all the time. You actually want it on. It will cool the truck faster and you're cooling the same air. With it off, it will have to cool the hot air it pulls in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies, guys, but I already know the purpose of the recirculation function. I know it comes on automatically when max AC is activated.....vehicles have been like that forever. Even when the AC is not set at its coolest setting, it will recirculate on its own. Alex Moroz, I can tell it's not just a light coming on for no reason, and there's nothing wrong with my computer. If you listen , you can tell a difference in the air flow, and as I said, vehicles have been that way for years. I am glad to hear that mine isn't the only one to recirc by itself. Big question is....will it turn off by itself and revert to fresh air???

·
Registered
161 Posts
Mine does this, too and I hate it. When the air is recirculated, it has a weird smell that I can't stand. It's like that on most cars and trucks I've driven. Just to head off any smart-ass replies, it even smells after I've taken my yearly shower! Lol. It's kind of a damp smell...can't describe it other than that. I realize it's probably one of those meant to 'help' you, but I have standard controls on an XLT and would rather it just do what I tell it to and not help me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It appears that the recirculation kicks in at a certain temp. From what I can tell so far, anything above 75 degrees outside temperature and the recirc begins. I 'll keep an eye on it. I miss auto climate control. (note to self)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, here's the latest. Today, when I started my truck in the garage, the outside temp was 73 degrees. Recirc light was not on. Then, after I drove for a mile or so, and the outside temp was 77 degrees, the recirc kicked on. Later that night, I went to pick up some food for my wife and me, the temp dropped a few degrees, below 75, and the recirc turned off.....by itself. I think I may be on to something. 75 degrees seems to be the magic number.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have noticed my turn on by itself but it never turns off by itself sub any ambient temperature outside.

2018 3.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
Dworth
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing