F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Funny story from this morning... Coming off the freeway as we turned right heading up a slight hill, there was an F150 XL regular cab long bed right next to me. It was a construction company truck with their logos on it, and while I usually drive pretty conservatively, I was locked down in 3rd and got on it a bit to maintain my lane advantage… The other truck suddenly surged and sling shot in front of me, and I thought, wow, that seemed familiar..??..

So when I get up next to it at the next light, Im thinking no, it’s an XL single cab work truck… But sure enough, EcoBoost badge on the door. Funny way to notice it before knowing for sure what’s in another truck.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It could have been an XLT, but it was a single cab with steel wheels on it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yeah I was aware of it being available in a SCAB but not in a regular cab. I thought the Tremor was the first truck to offer that config.
You can get the EcoBoost in a XL regular cab but it has to be the 8 foot bed like OP mentioned.The Tremor will be a short bed looks like 6 1/2 foot bed in the Motor Trend that showed it.

Mark.

·
Registered
6 Posts
easy way to tell if an f150 has the ecoboost look at the front license plate if it is offset on the drivers side it has the ecoboost. if it is center not ecoboost.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
easy way to tell if an f150 has the ecoboost look at the front license plate if it is offset on the drivers side it has the ecoboost. if it is center not ecoboost.
But only in states that require a front plate...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
373 Posts
Not always, there's a bunch of people that don't have eco's that want and have switched to the offset plate so they can put a grille or winch etc in the middle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts