F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Vendor
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have a tonneau cover, you understand the need for these (Or similar) lights. The recon 26417 bed light kit wires into a power and a ground, so you can decide how to run it. We choose to wire it into the cargo light so that each time the door is opened or the unlock is pushed the lights come on. Recon does supply a switch, but we chose not to use it.

[h=1]Recon LED Bed Rail Light Kit (F150/F250/F350)[/h]
IMG_2870.jpg IMG_2871.jpg IMG_2866.jpg
ReconBedLightKitLightF-15002.jpg ReconBedLightKitLightF-15003.jpg ReconBedLightKitLightF-15001.jpg

There is now a ton of light in the bed. I don't have night pics yet. When we took the pics we let the extra wire hang down to show that there is plenty to do just about what ever you want with these lights. Also I have a 5.5 bed, so recon gives plenty of wire for a long bed.

·
Registered
329 Posts
That is what I have been planning on doing once I get a tonneau cover.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I see a plastic interior panel with the seat belt running through it. So, either the trim along side the driver's seat at the pillar or rear passenger door on the driver's side at the cab corner. Since the slot for the seat belt is semi-radius and not adjustable I would venture the truck is a SuperCrew and the wiring harness coming from the third brake light down along the driver's side rear of the cab is where they tapped.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If it's a screw, the write you want is purple and it is behind the trim molding on the rear passenger side. It it's the middle wire in the connector going to the rear light. Taping into this wire will ensure your bed lights go on/off with the stock light above the rear window.

·
Registered
519 Posts
If it's a screw, the write you want is purple and it is behind the trim molding on the rear passenger side. It it's the middle wire in the connector going to the rear light. Taping into this wire will ensure your bed lights go on/off with the stock light above the rear window.
The wire is on the passenger rear side and not the driver side rear as pictured?

·
Registered
519 Posts
That's what I plan on doing with mine, attempting to fit them under the bed rails. I went with a LED light strip. I went with the EVO 93322 Formance White Truck Bed Light Kit. For $19 I figure it's worth a shot as I should be able to get these strips to mount on the under side of the bed rails. Hoping to drill a small hole into the front stake pockets with a rubber grommet route the wires out of the bed and into the cab. Now trying to locate the proper location in the cab to attach the bed lights too. I would like for the bed lights to activate with the cargo lamp. Even toyed with the idea of a contact switch installed into one of the rear stake pockets to trigger the lights to come on anytime the tail gate is opened. Not certain I'll go forward with this, just a thought.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's what I plan on doing with mine, attempting to fit them under the bed rails. I went with a LED light strip. I went with the EVO 93322 Formance White Truck Bed Light Kit. For $19 I figure it's worth a shot as I should be able to get these strips to mount on the under side of the bed rails. Hoping to drill a small hole into the front stake pockets with a rubber grommet route the wires out of the bed and into the cab. Now trying to locate the proper location in the cab to attach the bed lights too. I would like for the bed lights to activate with the cargo lamp. Even toyed with the idea of a contact switch installed into one of the rear stake pockets to trigger the lights to come on anytime the tail gate is opened. Not certain I'll go forward with this, just a thought.
Sounds like you are on the right track I have been thinking bout this for a while now as well but a flash light has done the trick so far

·
Registered
407 Posts
I bought a reel of white LEDs on amazon. I cut them to the length of the supports and put connectors on them so I can still remove them if needed. They all run off a 12 volt battery mounted to the cover. They really light up the bed and area behind the truck well.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
I bought a reel of white LEDs on amazon. I cut them to the length of the supports and put connectors on them so I can still remove them if needed. They all run off a 12 volt battery mounted to the cover. They really light up the bed and area behind the truck well.
Looks a lot like mine lol

Sorry for the crappy pics I shot this over a year ago with my iPod.

http://m.f150forum.com/showthread.php?t=143928

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
13 Participants
tuxedoblack11
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing