F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
There's no way you're using a full tank in 230 miles, even if it's the 26 gallon tank. 230 miles on 13 gallons is a little over 17mpg.
It's gotta be gauge or sending unit

·
Administrator
9,607 Posts
Or, for some reason, he's not able to get the tank full. I dunno.

One question I haven't seen answered, when you fill up, does the gauge read "Full"? And I'm assuming when you're deciding to fill up it is reading fully empty? What DTE are you at when you decide to fill up?

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
So here’s the update. Due to being unable to fill the truck, I’ve been driving my wife’s car during the week since my daily commute is quite far. On Wednesday I flashed back to stock Tune, and we tried to drop it off but they were backed up two days and to try again on Friday. So I flashed the BCB tune back in it (after driving it stock just sucks now). So my wife calls me to tell me that she dropped it off to the dealer. Not a big deal except for the fact the truck hadn’t been flashed back to stock yet. Grrrrr. The dealership has had it all day and they’ve dropped the tank, checked for clogs, and they’re not getting anywhere. Since it’s the weekend, they provided me a loaner out of the service department. Went to go pick it up and now they’re giving me $*** about the tuner, and trying to say that the tuner voids the whole warranty. I’ve always been told that when it comes down to it, they would have to prove it was the tuners fault to deny any warranty. Anybody in Ford service department or BCB want to shed some light on this situation? I’ve got some calls into Brew City just waiting for a response

·
Administrator
9,607 Posts
I don't think they can completely void the warranty, but they can deny a claim for work. They can also flag the VIN in the Ford database so other dealerships will see it. Maybe that's what they mean by "void the whole warranty."

Or maybe they're aggravated and don't think you know anything about such things. Either way, I don't think a while warranty can just become void. @djfllmn?

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
470 Posts
they can certainly deny warranty coverage, but they have to prove that the tune caused the failure

ill put it like this, you tune your truck, then you smoke a turbo. you could realistically prove the tune caused that, but if your APIM goes out, there is no way a tuner could cause that

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
A couple dealerships around here won't even look at your truck if they know/find out it's tuned.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
This is exactly what I told their service manager and Saturday it was like their feelings had changed about this situation. I’ve read multiple times in threads and other places that they have to prove that the tune caused the failure. I just didn’t know how much I could trust the source of info!

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
And if and when you have emissions testing do as well-lol
I knew better.... but went ahead and tried to slide her past> Fail
Went back the next day after returning to stock and had no issues.
I remember when I had my 04 Titan that was Jet Chipped (not a real custom tune, more of a canned generic)...it passed emissions that way.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Blocker Valve to the Evaporative Canister. Thanks for everyone’s thoughts and help.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Ouch.

ALWAYS RETURN YOUR TRUCK TO STOCK AND REMOVE THE TUNING DEVICE WHEN GOING TO THE DEALER. Even if it's just for an oil change.
Sounds like he tried but his wife did it without his knowledge.

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Exactly. She thought she was helping me out...

21 - 34 of 34 Posts