And some good engine tunning
Would like to hear input from you guys on suspension
Also tunning if possible
I spoke to Walsh Motorsports about their upgraded turbo kit
Sounds interesting.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Yeah you're definitely getting into the money pit by upgrading turbos.. You're altering the makeup of the ecoboost which few have done so answers are limited. I believe these turbos are sufficient enough. ~700rwhp is what has been estimated to max out these motors. Judging by dyno charts, these turbos are more than capable of producing high numbers.
Intake, upgraded intercooler, custom tune, full exhaust, afe charge pipe, and any other modification that isn't coming to my head right now result in a hell of a ride.

You will get incredible results without breaking into the power source of this truck... If you do, I'd love to see the results!

Slow has the fastest EB around so hopefully he can chime in with some of his alterations.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hello everyone I am a new believer to the eco boost revolution
After my brother bought the 2012 eco boost platinum
Soon enough we had our buddy @ GAS Galpin Auto Sport tune it
And WoW! That thing hauls!
Sooo,, I Just picked up our 2013 Eco boost regular cab
Long bed XLT
Power windows and doors are all the luxuries
I need
Found a '13 short bed at a junkyard
And starting the measurements to do the cutting
Planing on doing a simple performance sport tune drop kit
And some good engine tunning
Would like to hear input from you guys on suspension
Also tunning if possible
I spoke to Walsh Motorsports about their upgraded turbo kit
Sounds interesting.
Neat Project! I am doing a 126" WB frame I bought new from Ford but using 1966 F100 Sheet metal so no smog checks.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I believe mine will be about the same wheel base
I'm using a 5.5 bed from a super crew
You will find a lot of differences between the 2 wheel bases.
Fuel tank & lines, fuel shield, brake lines and cables, wiring and a bunch more. Took a bit to figure out what would fit a d what would not. Have all part numbers needed.

The box also mounts different. Had to make one plastic fuel line by shortening stock one and changing end

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Truck is back from fabricator Randal
Did a heck of a job
Body mounts spring mounts all look stock
Wheel base on truck is 114"
Drive shaft ordered
Fuel cell being built
All we need is reconnect brake lines and we are set.
... There is another guy building the same truck u r doing in acton CA
66 unibody f100 with an ecoboost upgraded turbos
Randal built it

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Yeah you're definitely getting into the money pit by upgrading turbos.. You're altering the makeup of the ecoboost which few have done so answers are limited. I believe these turbos are sufficient enough. ~700rwhp is what has been estimated to max out these motors. Judging by dyno charts, these turbos are more than capable of producing high numbers.
Intake, upgraded intercooler, custom tune, full exhaust, afe charge pipe, and any other modification that isn't coming to my head right now result in a hell of a ride.

You will get incredible results without breaking into the power source of this truck... If you do, I'd love to see the results!

Slow has the fastest EB around so hopefully he can chime in with some of his alterations.

The biggest thing to remember in any "build", is that if you make a lot of power, then your entire powertrain has to be up to the task. Built Tranny, performance drive shaft and a rear end that can handle the power. I have a 4x4 with the electric locking diff. But for a performance 2WD, you want a nice big rear with limited slip.

I just bought my truck last week and I'm still learning the truck. I am hoping it has the classic Ford 9". But, I wouldn't be surprised if that's not available....and in that case, I would look to installing a Ford 9" with Limited Slip for your project.

PS: The brakes on these trucks look quite good. Nice big rotors are always a nice start. Maybe switch to some slotted drilled rotors and 6 piston calipers (if available), but compared to what I grew up with in the 60s-90s ... these brakes are kick ass IMO.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
The biggest thing to remember in any "build", is that if you make a lot of power, then your entire powertrain has to be up to the task. Built Tranny, performance drive shaft and a rear end that can handle the power. I have a 4x4 with the electric locking diff. But for a performance 2WD, you want a nice big rear with limited slip.

I just bought my truck last week and I'm still learning the truck. I am hoping it has the classic Ford 9". But, I wouldn't be surprised if that's not available....and in that case, I would look to installing a Ford 9" with Limited Slip for your project.

PS: The brakes on these trucks look quite good. Nice big rotors are always a nice start. Maybe switch to some slotted drilled rotors and 6 piston calipers (if available), but compared to what I grew up with in the 60s-90s ... these brakes are kick ass IMO.
The ford 9 in hasnt been available or manufactured since 1986!!! The 9.75 is plenty strong...the 9in would almost be a downgrade... you would have to put a lot of money into a 9in to make it live reliably in trucks of this weight..... the 9.75 is much more up to the task..bearings are much larger and pinion stem much beefier.... And the 6r80 trans is one of the strongest trannies made today.....itll put up with whatever 95% of us guys will put in front of it....it has a ton of clutch, all hard parts are GROB, which has amazing heat dissipation properties...and uses variable force solenoids which can exert a ton of line pressure adjustable via a few key strokes from a tuning device...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Whoops I put too many pictures of the same thing
but here it is a 2013 regular cab 5.5 bed ecoboost
on a 5/7 drop
drives and handles great
up next is the tune suspension and body upgrades

·
Registered
374 Posts
Wow that thing is small! You were able to order that way without the tremor package? Do you know what your curb weight is? That thing could be a serious sleeper.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Wow that thing is small! You were able to order that way without the tremor package? Do you know what your curb weight is? That thing could be a serious sleeper.

Custom built.

Looks so out of proportion being so short, but I like it. Gonna make a few people cry when you lay into it....
Seems like you'd be in the low 12's pretty easy, and possibly the first into the 11's!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Very cool I'm subscribed to your build

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
About this Discussion
77 Replies
31 Participants
Pinero61
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing