F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had picked up a SCII awhile back and for keeping things simple I had it mounted to the lower left area under the light switch gauges with 3M tape. It served its purpose, but was not the easiest to see and monitor. So yesterday while out messing around I got a wild hair and relocated it to a new easier location at the center console. This works out great. The wires were easy to run and thread from the CPU plug in to the console location. Everything simply popped out of place and back into place nice and easy.

How does it look?

·
Registered
868 Posts
that location works for you but my console doesnt have the floor shift so i need that lower door to be accessible.
i keep my 4 wheeler keys and cabin keys in the tray inside that door for when i go away.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that location works for you but my console doesnt have the floor shift so i need that lower door to be accessible.
i keep my 4 wheeler keys and cabin keys in the tray inside that door for when i go away.
*** Disclaimer***

Your results and application may vary.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Looks good!

SPPD

·
Registered
393 Posts
Nice work, IMO.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Love where you relocated the pistol to as well...
The holster is attached to the console with industrial Velcro which allows for the seat to still be moved and the holster will stay in place. I keep a hat or such item near by should I need to make it a total concealment.

Thanks for the notice of the optional security system.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I put mine on the dash in the tray. I'll get you a pic up soon. Reconsider doing that because you don't have to take your eyes off of the road to see it that way.
That package tray holds a speaker in the center on my truck. I would still have fit, but I'm not a big fan of leaving anything out of the normal stock configuration showing to wandering eye that may have bad intentions and temp any theft or smash and grab.
Also ScanGauge recommended not mounting it where it would be in direct sun and heat...though I have in the past with no problems.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
That package tray holds a speaker in the center on my truck. I would still have fit, but I'm not a big fan of leaving anything out of the normal stock configuration showing to wandering eye that may have bad intentions and temp any theft or smash and grab.
Also ScanGauge recommended not mounting it where it would be in direct sun and heat...though I have in the past with no problems.
Don't make me read about you failing to avoid that idiot texting and driving and veering into your lane while your eyes were looking down at that guage, Ok. I'm going through something right now as we speak that is emotionally overwhelming. Its all about the comradery that being a part of a common interest automotive message board can create. I haven't been here long enough to build the bonds that I've built with the members of the GrandNational messageboards but its sure to happen with time. If you get some time to kill check this out. I'll put the links to the thread in my signature so not to hijack your thread by posting them.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sound like you have built a great relationship with the fine group of folks over there. And return you have earned the trust and respect of those who have become a part of your life.

I have a T/A Forum that is the same way. These folks are more than internet post. They have actually become a part of my life, there is nothing that we can not discuss or ask of one another. They have pulled me up from the dumps and helped me look in the mirror many a times. And it's family rated to boot.

And for any who stopped at the T/A and wondered just what that stood for it is TaurusArmed.net While in name and many subforums it is firearm related, some of the best of the forum discussions in the lounge. After all, it is the members who will make or break a sites future, and these folks are top notch. I have hope that this forum as it grows will do so in the same manner. Maybe we need to add a sub-forum of "The Lounge" or Open Discussion, this helps you to learn more about those around you. Politics is yet another matter, most times better left alone.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Don't make me read about you failing to avoid that idiot texting and driving and veering into your lane while your eyes were looking down at that guage, Ok. .
Yes Dear...oh, I'm sorry you sounded like my wife there for a moment.

I don't watch the ScanGaugeII that closely in the FX4. I use it more to monitor record and scan. I can pull up a days worth of information or by the trip for review if I am watching something that has me concerned. And the boost gauge with the AFE Scorcher moves so fast that my old eyes don't travel that fast anymore. With the blink of the eye I can go from -11 pounds of boost to +14, then it makes me wonder when did that just happen.

Now on my 1999 Mustang GT I have it mounted center just ahead of the instrument panel and use it to monitor MPG, water temp, air intake temp and HP. And my eyes never have to wander away from the view out the windshield.

After all, I have to watch out for all of those other damn fools who are texting, putting on makeup, talking on the phone, messing with their tunes, or just flat not paying attention to what they are doing, least of all what I am doing. Back when I first got my drivers license, you did not have "The Right" to drive, you were taught that you earned "The Privilege" to drive by the state. Now days too many people figure that they have the "Right" to do whatever they please and at whatever cost that may be to others around them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts