F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A week or so I posted a couple of photos of my truck and the truck that my son purchased side by side. We had taken off on different paths in the aftermarket arena. Mine being a more practical everyday use approach, his being lifted and show beast.

Well, the story of twin FX4 Eco's came to an end yesterday. After less than two months of ownership he has chosen to proceed in a different route. I will have to get a photo of his new and latest F150. It is Silver in color with the complete decal package and stand in your face gas sucking bad to the bone RAPTOR.

I did have the opportunity to drive it last evening. I do like the sound of the big V8 underhood, but at least seat of the pants I prefer the EcoBoost feel of HP and TQ under acceleration.

·
Registered
519 Posts
That couldn't have been cheap just a couple months in to fund the exchange for one depreciating asset for another. Seezaamm.

·
Registered
868 Posts
i cant understand why anyone these days would buy a vehicle that gets 10-11 mpg because if your like me you know whatever it has when you buy it will not be good enough and your gunna end up putting bigger tires and everything else on it and end up getting 8 mpg in the end
if the fact of dumping $80 to fuel up every 250 miles is not bad enough i would get sick of stopping at every gas station along the way
i personally love the look of the Raptors but even if they were half the price of an F-150 i wouldnt own one.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe he said his Eco FX4 after the tires, lift and 4:10 gear swap averaged 12.6 MPG and he was seeing 13.4MPG on the Raptor. FWIW: his every day driver is still a 2013 FX4 Ecoboost demo.

As for me MPG is over rated. I would rather drive what I want, than drive for MPG. As long as the wallet will allow it anyway. I have a number of people who ask what my Eco FX4 gets in MPG and when I tell them their comment is "I thought the ecoboost was supposed to get higher MPG". As for me, I am happy with an average of 17+ MPG, but then my 2006 F250 V10 couldn't get that running in neutral down hill with a tail wind. So I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder and subject to ones expectations.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I was real close to buying a Raptor before the Ecobeast, and still think about it from time to time. It's the best looking factory off-road truck on the market. The main thing that keeps me away is the lack of towing and payload capability that it has. Maybe one day we'll see a EB Raptor and then it will be a win/win!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
STdan
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing