F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon all. Too hot in Houston to do much so I thought that I might try and figure out where the factory reset code is for the Remote lock keypad. The manual says that it should be on the ECM. However, being an EX-chevy guy I cant seem to find the ECM in the far more superior Ford.

2011 F150 3.5l ecoboost lariat

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
First make sure you look at every card in your owner's manual packet. It originally came on one of those cards. Many people never look at that stuff or take it out.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
167 Posts
Also interested in knowing if there's a reset for this! I got my truck used and I didn't have the card in my papers, and last time I asked my local dealer they wanted $60 in labor to reset the code! BS.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The owners packet is my friend, and while I bought this used a month ago, I did not find any extra cards. It was the owners manual that reported that it would be written on the ECM/PCM. Still looking.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Good find.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is very helpful. Funny though, whenever I get to youtube I always seem to get sidetracked watching all kinds of other crazy ****. Ill check access to the ECM/PCM tomorrow before the swing shift. Thanks so much for the youtube reference.

don

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Worked like a charm. Even better, I didnt have to contort or use a mirror to find the code. It was in the left side and readily visible. Reset the private code and added a new one. Worked well in my driveway. Went kayaking on Sunday morning and fully committed to locking my keys in the truck. After several miles in the water, I had complete access using the remote lock. Sweet. Thanks for the help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.