F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, looking for some insight on a recent issue that came up. I purchased my ecoboost last Monday and paid for the bi-directional remote start up with the validation green light on it. This accessory comes with a separate key chain to start the truck up remotely. I dropped my truck off on Tuesday and just got it back today with the factory remote start installed on it instead. The service manager tried to tell me that the factory one was better than the Ford accessory but it doesnt inform you if the car started up or not. I am thinking on hot days leaving the mall with the family or the park it would be nice to start it up and see the green light on telling me it is running. Anybody have experience with either one? The b-directional works up to 1000 feet and not sure about the factory installed one.

here is the link of what i purchased: http://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/accessories/#page=Feature2

thanks

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I would tell them you want what you paid for. Before I had my garage built a remote start was a must. Having an indicator light would have been great.

SPPD

·
Registered
142 Posts
A remote start is almost a necessity in this central Texas heat. I use it all the time. Only thing with the factory installed one is that you have to be something like 15 ft away. Doesn't really give you a lot of time for it to cool off b/f you get in. But it does help a little.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
I am with everyone else ask for what you paid for. I have the one way factory remote and wish I had the confirmation the truck started. There were several times at -65f I hit the button thinking my truck was warming up only to run out and see that it never fired up. Plus it doesn't work very well for distance and almost has to be line of sight. If it didn't come standard on my truck when ordering specific packages I would have done a after market one that use my smart phone and knows to cold temp or hot temp autostarts. Just my opinion...

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
I just look out the window and see if the lights are on...

Have opposite problem with weather here, probably like King! Winters are a pain the the drain!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There are going to be times when you wished you had the feedback. Its good to know that the command was received and carried out. At worst you should get what you paid for or you could get the one I have a tread about. It uses your smartphone as the remote and you have coverage wherever you have cellular service. http://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/16-f150-ecoboost-accessories/930-smart-phone-controlled-remote-start-alarm-system.html
How much was the total cost for the smart phone remote start system? I am now going to just ask the dealer to take it out and refund my money. I am looking at Viper alarms also just dont know if the truck shuts itself off when i get in it or will stay on.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
How much was the total cost for the smart phone remote start system? I am now going to just ask the dealer to take it out and refund my money. I am looking at Viper alarms also just dont know if the truck shuts itself off when i get in it or will stay on.
Had a manual transmission on my 2010 Fusion, so I paid an extra fee. I think the actual price of my entire system was close to $1K. I did it through the Ford dealership my brother works for, so I didn't see all the numbers. Figure $699-799 for the 1 mile two-way then $199-250 for the SmartStart module. Also remember that these are Alaska prices. They may be different where you are. Haven't looked at prices this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
All the info I have is in that thread. There is a dealer on eBay selling them for $419 shipped. Its possible that you will need other things to make it work if your truck didn't come equipped with them from the factory. Check it out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
Nasty Wendy
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing