F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
It seems to be a common problem with them. I have the factory remote in mine, and sometimes getting even 30' with it will not start it. I talked to my Fast Lane mgr, who has a similar truck as mine (no eco) and has the upgraded factory start (2-way remote) and it is hardly any better. He recommended to me if I want more range to go aftermarket.

Its too bad the factory one is this way. I love it with the key, as it is less items on the key chain. With the amount of aftermarket starters out there that have over 1000' ranges you would think a factory one could do the same.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
if you stick your key onto the bottom of your chin and push the button it works a bit better... but then you look like an idiot with a key on your chin.

·
Registered
195 Posts
That would be awesome! It is expensive and I'm not really sure about the quality of it either. Not many reviews about it out there.
Everyone who I've talked to that has it loves it. Uses cellular signal so the range is great

·
Registered
475 Posts
Mine's a '12 but the remote start works great. Maximum distance is about 100 YARDS, not feet. Even works around the corner of a 3 story steel and concrete building where I work. Factory single fob. Have yet to even change the battery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2103 FX4 with factory remote start. It's the shits! The lock door button works from 50-60ft but the start button does not. It only starts when I'm about 15ft away. WTF? Anyone else having this problem?
We had this problem too. Made a big stink (politely of course) at the dealer about it and they installed the Series 200 Bidirectional remote starter for free. It is a huge improvement: it starts the truck from well over 1000' away, from inside a building and through multiple walls. Be happier with it now.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I can certainly say the 2013 I have will lock/unlock from 75 feet away direct line of sight. Remote start function is more like 20-25 feet away. I have been contemplating the cellular version but was informed that DEI electronics was supposed to be releasing an aftermarket version to work with the factory key.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had an '11 with factory remote start installed at the dealership. Worked from very far away, and through my office walls. On my '13 I frequently cannot start it or unlock doors from the house to the driveway. Frustrating to say the least.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
195 Posts
I can certainly say the 2013 I have will lock/unlock from 75 feet away direct line of sight. Remote start function is more like 20-25 feet away. I have been contemplating the cellular version but was informed that DEI electronics was supposed to be releasing an aftermarket version to work with the factory key.
Anymore info on this?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Has anyone tried an aftermarket 2 way integrated to the factory system for better range and of course the 2 way...?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had the ford remote access installed on my 2014 xlt and I really like it. It uses cell signal so you can literally start it from anywhere if you had a need for that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone,

If you're having a concern with your remote start reception, I want to see what I can do. Send me a PM with your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info. I'll look into things and see how I can help.

Ashley
I have a 2012 F150 Platinum edition with the remote start button on the key. My issue is the range on this appears to be about 25' at best. I have already installed a new battery in the key, hoping that would help, but it remains the same. Any thoughts that may help me resolve this problem?

Jim Kelley

[email protected]

763 807 0106

·
Registered
310 Posts
Do you have a PN for that kit?
This kit has been discontinued for 14 and older trucks. I have had it for a number of years and it worked well. Too bad there's no support. You can blame the 5G network introduction. Service ended Dec 31, 2020.

I have purchased a Fortin EVO-RS FORT4 system and EVO-START2 remote cell system. Not installed yet. Note; the EVO START2 will not work with the OEM remote start. You must buy the EVO-RS FORT4 as well. But you still keep the full functionality of the OEM key fob start.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts