F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
good morning all!

im looking for the correct way to remove the factory 4X4 stickers from the rear fenders,

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks,

rich...

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
Somebody here did it and I think they just peeled them off and then rubber a little goo gone over the area to aid in removing the residue.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Go to your nearest auto parts store and the have a rubber wheel that mounts onto any drill. Use light pressure with the wheel spinning against the sticker to remove the vinyl, and use goo gone to remove the residue. This is how most body shops remove stickers, just be careful to not stay in a single spot for too long. I'll post a pic of the wheel in a bit.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
If you go to youtube, there's a few videos on how to use it. $T2eC16h,!y0E9s2S9Jw9BQ!BIdBoGg~~60_35.JPG 0609st_10_z+toyota_tacoma+eraser_wheel.jpg

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I used a heat gun and some automotive Simple Green. Apply some heat to the corner and start to pull. The decal may come apart, but keep starting again at the corners and pull perpendicular to the fender. Do not heat the fender too much - it's just for warming up the adhesive to make it easier to pull the decal away. A blow dryer would also work. After the sticker is pulled away, use the Simple Green or Goo Gone to finish cleaning up what is left of the adhesive.

Good luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
After my truck sat out for a few hours, I started the sticker with my thumbnail, and just peeled it off.
Cleaned up remaining residue with wd40 and a towel.

5minute job.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Use a heat gun to soften the adhesive and then peel the sticker. After that use some goo gone or something to remove the residue.

·
Registered
13,055 Posts
Well in CANADA we have a warm sun as well. Pulled mine off after it sat in the sun for 2 hours. Even the side that wasn't facing the sun came off nice. That was last tuesday

·
Registered
339 Posts
NAPTHA is your friend. Get it at any paint store or auto store. It will get the sticky off with just a little elbow grease.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
sticker removal.jpg Fellow thumbnail peeler here. Just used some elbow grease and dawn dish soap to get the sticky residue off of my truck.:cool:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for all the different ideas! i ended up using the thumbnail method and it worked just fine!
IMG_3344.JPG

·
Registered
26 Posts
Heat gun is the best way to go. This is coming from a sign/decal maker in CA. Some tools like MBX can work, BUT BE CAREFUL! If you don't have any experience using these tools, you are highly likely to damage the paint. We take off 4x4 decals on all CAL FIRE trucks we stripe. If there is any adhesive left, you aren't heating the decal enough.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Does anybody know where to get replacement 4x4 decals? I too would like to peel mine off but mainly just to change the color of it. They are currently grey but with my black rims n blacked out windows they kind of stick out on my red truck. Was hoping I could just get some dark grey or I've even seen a few black ones on trucks here n there.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Does anybody know where to get replacement 4x4 decals? I too would like to peel mine off but mainly just to change the color of it. They are currently grey but with my black rims n blacked out windows they kind of stick out on my red truck. Was hoping I could just get some dark grey or I've even seen a few black ones on trucks here n there.
Dealer, eBay, I picked mine up at a body shop

1 - 20 of 30 Posts