F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was loading a pallet of steel rods in the back of my truck. I wanted to remove the tailgate so the forklift could get closer to the bed and not set the pallet on the tailgate to avoid possible damage. I looked at it and it looked a lot more complex than it is on my old f250. Is there an easy way to remove the tailgate? I have the back up camera, if that makes a difference...

·
Registered
589 Posts
There is a disconnect for the camera if you look at the tailgate gap (can't remember if it was driver side or not)
once you unplug it (ensure to cap the ends)
lift the tailgate up to about a 30-45 degree angle
pull out and the passenger side should come out first
than you just pull horizontally towards passenger side and driver side should come out
Warning! Tailgate is a lot heavier than it looks especially if you have the tailgate step in it
to install reverse the steps

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks AK. If I have time this weekend I'm going to try so that I have practice for next time.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A year ago

It's the Thuggish Ruggish Bone

Fired from the other forum... thrice

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
How bout now?

Sent from my silver iPad Air 1 in a RED.org smart case using an app called Tapatalky
It's sitting in the garage collecting dust with all the other parts he has Lopezing.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
6 Participants
Ecoboost Clark
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing