F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 FX4 EcoBoost with Heated/Cooled seats. I am not a huge fan of the MyFord Touch headunit and would like to replace it. The problem is that most of the climate controls run through MFT. While most of the climate control settings can be found as buttons below the screen, the controls for Heated/Cooled seats are missing. Does anyone know of any aftermarket mods to retain the function of the seats, but still switch out the headunit.

A cursory web search shows nothing for this topic, and I am thinking I am out of luck, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that looks like it could be a better option, but it doesn't look like it addresses the issue of losing the Heated/Cooled seats. Thanks though!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Yeah that looks like it could be a better option, but it doesn't look like it addresses the issue of losing the Heated/Cooled seats. Thanks though!
Sorry, I didn't read too much into the unit. Hope you find a solution!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That definitely looks like it is an option. It seems like the magic is in that iData Link Maestro RR unit which brings all the OEM functions into the radio. Only problem is that I haven't been able to confirm if the Maestro RR actually works with the 8" MyFord Touch with Sony Audio. Their site says the MyFord 4.3" works, but no one has confirmed the 8".

Finding that has lead me though to the Alpine X009-FD2 which hasn't been released yet, but is similar to the X009-FD1, but should fit my Trim. It actually had a custom bezel to replace the OEM one because the screen is so big. It also has the built in climate controls (FD2 does, but FD1 appears to use the OEM climate controls) and then use the Maestro to tie it all in. I don't know when I will be able to get it and try everything out, but I when I do, I will report back here in case anyone else was curious about their options.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts